How to go from Dry food to Wet

(5 Posts)
Bunglemom Mon 10-Aug-20 13:27:13

Hello,

So as the title suggests, how do we wean our puppy off Beta Chicken dry food to butchers puppy wet food?
(nothing wrong with dry food just personal choice😊 )

Puppy will be 8 weeks old when we pick him up and plan was to give him a week to settle etc then change the food slowly but could do with some advice on how to go this without upsetting his tummy.

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Mon 10-Aug-20 13:46:47

Could you not just have a separate bowl with a small amount of wet and then increase the amount as you gradually reduce the amount of dry

Floralnomad Mon 10-Aug-20 14:10:55

I’d just start by mixing it in , but I’d also feed a mix of wet and dry anyway but with a good quality kibble . Mine has wet for breakfast ( Applaws pouches) and wet and dry for tea ( Millie’s wolfheart kibble and Applaws chicken in broth tins) . Applaws is the only wet food our picky dog will reliably eat all the time .

Bunglemom Mon 10-Aug-20 14:46:14

@dementedpixie thats kinda the thing i was thinking of doing, just didnt want to confuse the pooch lol

@Floralnomad good idea thanks 👍

OP’s posts: |
Dreamersandwishers Mon 10-Aug-20 19:17:09

I think as long as the pups tummy is ok you won’t have a problem with confusion. My 2 get dry food with a topping of wet, mostly, but on especially hot days it’s all wet, they love it. Very much preferred over dry.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in