Dog bed for an oldie

(4 Posts)
SeaMayweed Thu 06-Aug-20 07:11:09

I'm looking for a comfortable bed for my elderly collie. Throughout her life the various lovely looking beds I've bought haven't been used much so it's been good old vet beds which she likes, but she often just chooses to sleep on the floor! I was wondering about a slim memory foam mat type for her joints (she would be put off if something was quite thick to climb onto). I would love to receive your suggestions! Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Egg Thu 06-Aug-20 07:27:44

We just got this www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BSGLZ1R/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item_image?tag=mumsnetforu03-21 for our dogs. It’s pretty thin so no having to climb up / on but they both love it and cuddle up together in the day (they’re small terriers). One of ours often just falls asleep on the wooden floor in the evening and it makes us sad so this has been a good alternative.

ViperBugloss Thu 06-Aug-20 08:39:16

We have exactly the same with our collies prefering to sleep on the hard floor but they do use this one

we have a fleece topping and they love it There is still one collie who prefers to sleep with his head under it though!

SeaMayweed Thu 06-Aug-20 16:39:54

Thank you both, looks nice smile!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in