Cocktail stick

(10 Posts)
Fusillage Tue 04-Aug-20 22:05:11

So glad I am not alone grin I feel like a terrible pet owner! Although perhaps with slightly more money, tinsel, kebab sticks and underwear. For now....

OP’s posts: |
Motorina Tue 04-Aug-20 17:56:40

Tinsel.

Goes through largely unchanged. And, as it's stringy, needs assistance.

Dogs are vile. Glad yours is okay.

IrmaFayLear Tue 04-Aug-20 17:14:40

Awwwww. The things I found in my gr’s poo... 2 x £2 coins was a highlight. Who eats pound coins?!

The roll of Christmas wrapping paper was a big trauma - it eventually snaked out - almost useable...

The pair of dd’s stripey pink pants which were heaved out in the middle of a cricket pitch.

Three stomach pumps at the vets...

Floralnomad Mon 03-Aug-20 22:29:20

Oh that’s good news , dog ownership is a delight sometimes .

Fusillage Mon 03-Aug-20 22:11:12

It did not but good news, she pooped it out. I found both pointy ends and what I think was most of the middle. I can now add 💩 checking to my list of firsts grin

Floralnomad Mon 03-Aug-20 12:49:59

Did the cocktail stick have a sausage attached when she ate it ?

Fusillage Mon 03-Aug-20 12:31:21

Thank you both. We are still waiting and watching closely for signs anything is untoward. She seems fine at the moment.

Advertisement

Yokohamajojo Mon 03-Aug-20 11:17:02

Please make sure the vet monitors, our one almost died after eating a kebab stick!

Floralnomad Mon 03-Aug-20 09:41:21

@Fusillage how is the dog this morning , what did you decide to do ?

Fusillage Sun 02-Aug-20 21:05:20

Hi,

Our 6 month old golden retriever puppy has just swallowed a cocktail stick. Vets have said surgery or (and this is what they would do for their dog) wait and see, with regular meals to help cushion on the way through. I am so worried - anything else short of surgery we can do at the moment? We’re away (and it’s Sunday) so canned and pumpkin is not an option...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in