Are all Frenchies greedy?

(5 Posts)
FortunesFave Sat 04-Jul-20 07:12:34

Ours is SO greedy! She's a rescue....three years old. She had a hard life before she arrived....was kept in a shed and when she was rescued she had terrible mange and had been attacked by another dog.

She's all healthy now but all she thinks about is food. The poor cat can't eat a single meal without our little Frenchie queuing up behind her to wait for the leftovers!

The cat doesn't care...she takes no intimidation! But the dog seeks food all the time...she's fed on a mixture of raw and very good quality biscuits.

She LOVES her chicken necks....highlight of her day is breakfast when she has her necks...she walks on two legs as I get it out of the fridge and makes terrible snorting sounds...joyful and horrifying they are.

We don't ever feed her from our plates...but you'd think we did as she stands watching and snorting!

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Sat 04-Jul-20 07:15:10

* Ours is SO greedy! She's a rescue....three years old. She had a hard life before she arrived....was kept in a shed and when she was rescued she had terrible mange and had been attacked by another dog.*

All the rescues I know have been very very food orientated. I wonder if it's the rescue part rather than the breed.

Compare that to my spaniel who we have had from a puppy who will turn his nose up at lots of food because he has never had that experience of never being given plenty of yummy food two or three times a day.

fivedogstofeed Sat 04-Jul-20 08:49:03

If she's had a neglected past, chances are she wasn't fed very often. Many rescues eat every meal as if it's the first they've ever had, for ever. sad

FortunesFave Sat 04-Jul-20 10:47:36

Bitey Yes....our other dog...a BIG boy is not food orientated at all. He often waits till' he's had his morning hug before he eats.

Five possibly yes sad She's also a bit scared of brooms.

OP’s posts: |
im5050 Tue 07-Jul-20 22:20:54

Yes I have a 7 month old frenchie
He would eat everything and anything
His nose is constantly on the ground looking for food
He only has to hear the rustle of a packet opening the fridge door opening and he’s right there like magic

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in