My dog doesn't like to walk with me!

(2 Posts)
Ohhaipete Sun 21-Jun-20 21:31:35

When she's out with my OH she'll walk happily for miles and hours and mostly walks ahead of him. When we're out in a family group with the children same thing and when she's off lead happily running about.
When she comes out with me she pulls to go back home at each corner, when I get her moving walks behind me like a stroppy teenager (I'm not pulling her) and if we get more than a block away from the house she stops dead and refuses to go any further until I turn around and we head home.

Shes 8 years old and we have had her from a puppy. She used to walk absolutely fine with me but we've had 2 children in the last 4 years so it's mostly been oh walking her in the evenings while I'm home feeding the babies that never slept or because I didn't want to go out too late in the dark. Now that I don't have these constraints and I can walk her again she doesn't want me to?! She has always from the day we got her preferred my OH but would still happily walk with whoever was offering.

Any ideas why this might be happening or what we can do?

OP’s posts: |
vanillandhoney Sun 21-Jun-20 22:26:03

How much time have you spent with her one on one since you had children? In terms of feeding, walking, training, fuss and play?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in