Brush for poodle (cavapoo) mixes to keep knots away

(6 Posts)
Elloello Tue 16-Jun-20 13:47:38

that fine but very fluffy and spirally hair just tangles constantly. It seems all perfect and another clump appears below the surface.Tried doggy tangle teezer (does nothing to mats or knots ) and a slicker but that feels a bit harsh on the skin.
Someone recommended a basic big paddle brush. Would anyone suggest this? Would one with some board bristles in help or hinder? I just want to get the right one to keep the coat under control. It seems like the coat constantky knots. I knew it would be tricky but I wonder if the right brush would help.

OP’s posts: |
heatseeker14 Tue 16-Jun-20 14:15:35

I use a pin brush (I bought for my cat) on our cockapoo then a comb. I run a slicker brush gently through his fur when all the knots are out. I use Choco-doodle comb through spray from Pets at home to loosen any tangles.

heatseeker14 Tue 16-Jun-20 20:27:23

Sorry, that was supposed to say ball pin slicker brush.

Louise24902 Tue 16-Jun-20 21:22:30

The best thing you can buy is a metal comb! They're the best for getting right down in to the skin, prevention is better than cure aswell - once the matting is tight to the skin a brush isn't going to get it out, it would need clipped out. A comb is by far the best, making sure you're getting right to the skin every time. We do then go over with a slicker in my work to fluff it up but a slicker itself isn't the best for preventing matting. I'm a dog groomer and get asked this a lot! My customers always come back saying just a basic metal comb has made a big difference!

Ylvamoon Tue 16-Jun-20 21:27:59

I second a metal comb ... I have one with rotating teeth - it's really just a gadget but I love it!

Elloello Wed 17-Jun-20 12:40:50

I forgot to mention the metal comb! I do have a comb! I've also picked up a big paddle brush, ill try both.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in