Talk

Advanced search

Delayed vaccination advice please

(7 Posts)
Theoscargoesto Tue 09-Jun-20 22:27:09

My dog (2 years old) was due her booster jab at the end of May. The vets are trying to catch up with all the delayed vaccinations and I should get an appointment in a week or two, they say. They also said not to worry too much save about leptospirosis and to keep her away from water if possible. Does anyone know how safe (or not) my dog is and whether I should try to register her elsewhere to get her annual booster done?

OP’s posts: |
Bergerdog Tue 09-Jun-20 22:34:58

The vaccinations can go 3 months out of date without restarting so you should be fine until August smile

NiceTwin Tue 09-Jun-20 22:38:32

Agree with Bergerdog, you can go three months past the due date without issue.

Theoscargoesto Tue 09-Jun-20 22:41:24

Funnily enough the vet didn’t say so and that is a relief, thank you. Can I just ask, in the nicest way-how do you know that? I couldn’t seem to find anything helpful!

OP’s posts: |
Veronicat Tue 09-Jun-20 22:45:04

I work in the Veterinary industry and yes, three months over is fine. You can actually vaccinate every three years as long as you give lepto on the second year.

Bergerdog Tue 09-Jun-20 22:47:30

I do vaccinations all day every day wink

I personally wouldn’t worry if mine were left longer but we must follow the drug company guidelines.

drinkingwineoutofamug Mon 15-Jun-20 15:42:28

My dog was due jabs in may. Was told the guidelines given to them by the manufacturer was it was ok for 3 months. So august for my dog.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in