Dog crying in pain for "no" reason

(4 Posts)
GloGirl Thu 28-May-20 14:49:43

Today, my dog has cried out in pain twice and then been fine. He's a large cross breed, 6 years old.

First time I was almost certain my husband had stood on him although he declared he definitely didn't, they were in the same space so I just thought my husband was wrong!

This time the dog was stood near me watching me work and cried out in pain again. I walked over to him and he acted as if nothing happened, I walked to get him a treat, checked him all over. (firm press on tummy, run fingers all over body, lifted up all legs and checked pads.) He seems completely fine but anyone who knows the "You've stood on my foot" yelp knows how awful it is sad

Any ideas? I've fallen out with his Vet so I will need to set up at a new one so not feeling able to ring for a chat at a new practice with such little to go on.

OP’s posts: |
PlatinumBrunette Thu 28-May-20 14:51:15

Earache? Mine screams sometimes with earache. Not sure how you'd find that out though. Poor pup.

GloGirl Thu 28-May-20 15:29:47

I'll have a look in his ears thank you.

OP’s posts: |
WTFiswrongwithmyVag Thu 28-May-20 15:50:10

my dog used to do this. turns out she had bad arthritis and a joint just moved in a painful way (hips, knees). Your vet can check this

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in