Can anyone recommend really simple online training for our 9 month old pup please?

(4 Posts)
Pastelcha Sun 26-Apr-20 10:18:41

Our puppy is 9 months old. We were doing training classes before the lockdown. We’d finished our first block and were taking a break from them (they were on a Sunday and we needed a month off for family reasons) so I don’t know if they moved those classes to online or just stopped them.

Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone can suggest some training for us to follow. If possible I’d like something really simple that builds week on week, doing a few 5 minute sessions each day.

I’ve looked on YouTube but there’s so much content I don’t know where to start and I’d like something a complete course I can follow from start to finish.

Many thanks.

OP’s posts: |
gatsbylove Tue 28-Apr-20 09:12:54

I don't know of any courses but kikopup on YouTube is brilliant and has a playlist just for puppies. You could do a lot worse than follow a few of her videos, imo.

Ylvamoon Tue 28-Apr-20 15:17:38

I don't know any classes but I find this following book excellent. It gives all the necessary commands and how to build on them as well as good visual aids and trouble shooting.
101 dog tricks by Keira Sundance.

truthisarevolutionaryact Thu 30-Apr-20 21:46:58

The Dogs Trust. They do excellent courses and have put all of them online as well.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in