Stilllllll bleeding...

(8 Posts)
RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 26-Apr-20 07:54:07

We have a gorgeous mongrelly lurcher who just turned one. She recently began her first season (We always wanted to let her have one before spaying).

It's now been ages (Will be 3 weeks on tuesday) since we first saw blood and she is still bleeding. There hasn't been much change on colour- it's may be a bit lighter but not by much.

Is this normal? Everything I've looked up seems to suggest a bleed of around 10 days then lightish discharge... poor girls been going forever!

(Photo attached, I know the rules...)

OP’s posts: |
Veterinari Sun 26-Apr-20 08:24:15

It can be normal so don't panic, however if the discharge becomes smelly or you notice pus then get her to the vet ASAP

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 26-Apr-20 09:21:35

Thanks for the reassurance :-)
she is fine in herself, been looking out for signs of polymetra (sp?!). Her vulva is getting much smaller again (We are no longer living with a baboon) I just didnt expect her to bleed for so long!

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 26-Apr-20 16:24:38

Well, today the blood has gone from red to brownish. And a bit less. I know this is normal for a person but is it normal for a dog?

Windyatthebeach Sun 26-Apr-20 16:26:57

Pointy hounds are the best op..
Normal season from your description op...

Ruffins Sun 26-Apr-20 16:36:11

Aw she's gorgeous.

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 26-Apr-20 20:11:54

Thank you for the reassurance (and yay pointy dogs!). I guess she's just a long bleeder!

Advertisement

cantlivewithem Sun 26-Apr-20 20:15:17

Ours is the same. 10 months old and she’s on day 21 today. We keep thinking it’s stopped and then there she goes again!! She did get quite smelly so she’s been checked by the vet and has vaginitis? He said just to leave it until after her season finishes to see how it is. She’s less smelly now thankfully!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in