Bedtime and naps

(5 Posts)
anonymous6 Wed 08-Apr-20 21:59:27

We have not long got a bichon puppy, he is 10 weeks, naps a fair bit.
He tries to sleep around half 7/8 where I try and wake him up keep him awake till roughly around half 9(but this is getting very difficult and he is not vaccinated yet) He still wakes in the night for the toilet.
Should I be just letting him nap and hopefully he doesn't wake up playing after he's been let out or do I keep him awake?
Did you let your puppies sleep, did they sleep through after being let out for the toilet? X

OP’s posts: |
Girlintheframe Thu 09-Apr-20 06:38:07

We always let ours sleep. He used to nap a far bit in the early evening, wake up for his last wee then go in his crate. During the night we only got up with him when we heard him stir (he slept next to our bed so easy to hear) took him straight out for a wee then straight back to his crate where he used to go back to sleep.

anonymous6 Thu 09-Apr-20 08:39:42

Thank you. During the night times when he's getting unsettled I do take him out for the toilet, then its straight back to bed with no messing. I just didn't know if I was to try and keep him awake for him to sleep better of a night or not x

OP’s posts: |
Circletime27 Thu 09-Apr-20 15:38:47

I often find myself thinking I shouldn’t let our puppy (who’s 7 months) nap late in the day. I think it’s hard wired into me from baby days. It makes no difference though, just let him sleep.

Girlintheframe Fri 10-Apr-20 05:10:07

Yes, straight out to the toilet then straight back to bed. No fussing. If yours didn't settle I would say shh and pop my hand through his crate to settle him

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in