Leash off Game on

(6 Posts)
feelingnervousnow Tue 31-Mar-20 07:46:38

Has anyone seen or bought this? It keeps popping up on my Facebook promising to teach 10 games to make my dog into a perfectly behaved one...I get that this isn’t going to happen but wondered if the games are any good just to make walks more fun?

OP’s posts: |
Lefkosia Tue 31-Mar-20 07:53:50

I bought it a couple of days ago. My dog hasn't really caught on to even the most basic of the games but I don't know whether I suddenly made myself more fun but she actually listened on her walk. She hasn't done that since I got her a couple of weeks ago, normally it's like I'm not even there.

I can see how the games would work to build a motivated, interested dog and the couple I have tried are very easy to pick up. They have a new thing out called "sexier than that squirrel" which is 25 games to help your dog learn to listen to you and not all the other distractions out on a walk.

The presenters are a bit cheesy but the woman, Lauren, was competing with her dog this year in agility at Crufts so she knows her stuff.

The games are intended to teach a recall so if you already have a dog that recalls I'm not sure what it might learn or if it would be any use to you. I'm starting from scratch

feelingnervousnow Tue 31-Mar-20 08:04:25

Ok thanks. My dog is 10 months and her previously good recall has gone a little bit dodgy. Mainly because she’s distracted by chasing birds though so the squirrels one might kill two birds with one stone. Thanks xx

SutterCane Tue 31-Mar-20 13:16:09

I’ve got a few of their ebooks, a couple of the “free” (you pay for postage) DVDs and I also did one of the courses where you pay a subscription for access to an online learning vault. The former two are worth getting but I’d say the latter wasn’t, very expensive for what it was and not much that was new or not available for free elsewhere.

Be prepared for the hard sell once they’ve got your email address though. Until I unsubscribed I was getting at least one email a day telling me they had yet another product I simply couldn’t live without. I found some of their sales tactics when I was doing the course quite distasteful to be honest and, even if I’d found the course much more useful than I did, would have discouraged me from continuing to give them money.

jinxpixie Tue 31-Mar-20 15:10:11

Lauren Langman and Tom Mitchell are very enthusiastic and it does work if you can bear the cheesiness of it.

Most dogs love the games and treats so you will see results quite quickly and the more you do the more focused the dogs will become.

It is very structured and a great way to introduce positive training to new dog owners -there is a big community of absolute dogs on facebook and it is always a positive non whiney supportive environment

Agree about the advertising and the constant bombardment of new "games" most are just a rehash of the same games in a different package.

feelingnervousnow Tue 31-Mar-20 19:49:42

Thanks for replying. I’ll have a look and see which looks like it’ll suit my pup!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in