Sexually predatory dog trainer

(4 Posts)
NymphadoraBonks Tue 17-Mar-20 13:30:52

Has anyone been following this? Very popular dog trainer with a large FB following has been accused of predatory behaviour by a large number of females in the profession.

He’s since deleted both his personal and business accounts but what shocked me was how many people blindly supported him even before hearing the stories of the women involved. Disappointing.

OP’s posts: |
frostedviolets Tue 17-Mar-20 22:26:54

Any clues or hints as to who it is?

PhotoFit Fri 20-Mar-20 06:03:18

That is a really mysterious OP Nymphadora . . .

"Has anyone been following this?"

Following what? Nothing turns up Googling the terms you have used. Even with Corvid-19 swamping the news this sounds like prime tabloid gossip. Who is it???

"what shocked me was how many people blindly supported him even before hearing the stories of the women involved. Disappointing."

Why is it "disappointing" that people supported this person "even before" allegations were made? How were they supposed to know?

Can you link to any of these allegations? It seems highly unlikely that they would be confined to the trainer's deleted Facebook pages if they have been made by "a large number of females in the profession".

I am supposing this trainer must be famous, at least in the dog training world? In the UK? I follow lots of dog trainers on YouTube but not on Facebook - I haven't got a clue who you are talking about.

PhotoFit Fri 20-Mar-20 14:44:02

Many thanks for the Private Message with the name of the guy, NymphadoraBonks. I had never heard of him - thank heavens!

I searched again and discovered that this is in the Public Domain and there is an ongoing Police Investigation into the incredible number of similar allegations against John McGuigan, The Glasgow Dog Trainer.

This blog post by Christina Cass explains all in graphic detail (that is a trigger warning BTW)

"Dear John, I Believe The Women"
www.epic-dog.com/post/dear-john-i-believe-the-women

It is a long blog post and very detailed so best to read it before commenting.

I have no axe to grind - I had never heard of either John or Christina before this.

This is how Christina ends her blog post. It is important to bear all of this in mind. If you know someone who has been affected, do not name them here. Contact them and pass on Christina's blog post so they can make their own choice about coming forward:

"If you are a victim of John's and want to stand for action contact the the Police Officer here;"

DS Clark - Investigating officer
daniel.clark2@scotland.pnn.police.uk
Incident number PS-20190709-1722
0141 532 5510

"If you are a victim of sexual abuse by ANYONE please know that we all stand together. Click here to find your nearest Rape & Sexual Assault Referral Center and talk to someone who can help.

"To support other women to be able to come forward with their stories you can share the hashtags #IbelieveTheWomen (in all cases) and #DearJohn (for this specific case) and help make the world a safer and more accepting place to be vulnerable.

"It takes everything you have to stand in this level of truth and face it head on, please don't pressure anyone who isn't ready. It's more than simply saying #metoo. You are potentially asking someone to stand in court and face down a monstrous person, in front of everyone whilst their most intimate secrets are broadcast and picked apart by a professional who's trying to prove they are a liar. It's fucking brutal and the sooner the law changes in protection of abuse victims the better."

My utmost sympathies to anyone who has been targeted and then has to go through all this to get justice.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in