Borrowmydoggy - any good?

(3 Posts)
subcentro Sat 07-Mar-20 09:38:06

I’m having work done in my garden and it’s a building site so I can’t let DDog out there at all. I’m giving her more frequent walks as much as I can but she’s still going crazy cooped up inside.

I have signed up to borrowmydoggy and got lots of offers but I’ve been reluctant to use it before now. However, I’m thinking maybe if there are people willing to take my dog out then maybe it might be a good idea at the moment?

Has anyone used it and found it good? Or bad? Thank you

OP’s posts: |
LizzyELane Sat 07-Mar-20 10:03:30

I've been a member for about four years and we have a lovely couple who take my dog out every two or three weeks, even for weekends away sometimes. But, and it's a big but, BMD is promoted as being a source of free dog walking/dog sitting. In my experience (and we've had other borrowers who've come and gone) people take the dog when it's convenient for them, not you, whilst they have the privilege of paying a quarter of the fee that lenders have to pay. I've never really been able to use the service to my benefit, as in finding any borrowers who will take her out in the daytime when I'm out. The majority of borrowers only want to walk dogs evenings and weekends as they work full time, hence the reason they don't have dogs of their own. But if you're happy for your dog to be taken out when it suits them not you then I'd say go for it.

subcentro Sat 07-Mar-20 10:52:13

Yes, it’s just at the moment whilst my dog is cooped up and can’t even get out to the garden

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in