Rabies and yearly vaccs

(6 Posts)
MrsCasares Wed 26-Feb-20 15:22:01

Can these be given at the same time? They are both due in the middle of March.

I know humans can have a variety of vaccines at the same time but not sure about dogs.

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
StillMedusa Wed 26-Feb-20 23:16:54

Not sure where you are but Rabies isn't given (or needed) here (unless you are taking your dog abroad) so probably best to ask the vet?

LochJessMonster Thu 27-Feb-20 12:06:01

Rabies is not given in the UK, hopefully an American dog owner will be along soon!

Booboostwo Thu 27-Feb-20 12:12:37

Yes all of my cats and dogs have their boosters at the same time for rabies and everything else. Some are now on three yearly rabies repeat because of a new version of the vaccine so that saves a bit of money.

villainousbroodmare Thu 27-Feb-20 19:42:20

Yep. Standard where I live.

Wasail Thu 27-Feb-20 20:15:22

Yes, I had to get a pet passport this year due to the Brexit shenanigans. Be aware that if you are in UK and looking at this for pet passport reasons, they probably need a follow up blood test to check antibodies. This rockets the cost of the passport. At the moment the advice is still a bit scratchy but I spoke to a friend who works in the irish department of agriculture and she thinks that UK will be treated as a third country ie non European Union so passports have to conform as if you are traveling from anywhere else in the world.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in