How can I stop my puppy eating his own pooh?

(7 Posts)
Coffeeeeee Sun 16-Feb-20 23:39:01

Thank you so much for your replies, they have been really useful. I will continue to tackle this issue and let you know how we are getting on! The video and links have been very interesting and I feel much better about the situation now, thanks all smile

OP’s posts: |
SecondaryBurnzzz Sun 16-Feb-20 23:22:49

Crikey there was a case of a labrador doing that on one of those recent dog training shows and I think the vet found that the dog was quite low in a vitamin or something? Sorry it's late and I can't watch it now as it'll wake everyone up but it's here Nightmare Pets SOS - BBC. Hope it's useful!

SharkasticBitch Sun 16-Feb-20 11:00:05

www.thelabradorsite.com/can-dogs-eat-pineapple/

BlueBirdGreenFence Sat 15-Feb-20 22:56:51

Feed him a couple of pineapple slices each day.

Grassynoel Sat 15-Feb-20 22:26:12

My little fella did this up to about 5 months. Not his own but others. He'd have it gobbled up before I could stop him! He hasn't done it in ages, he's 9 months now.
Hopefully your guy will grow out of it.

LadyGuffers Sat 15-Feb-20 10:57:22

It won't be forever (probably) so long as you don't let it become a habit now.

Just keep calling and distracting him away from it and pick it up ASAP.

Coffeeeeee Sat 15-Feb-20 09:12:32

My 5 month old Lab constantly eats his pooh! I have to stand over him in the garden when he's doing his business so I can pull him away from it when he's finished to stop him from eating it....please assure me that this won't be forever!sadHe is at a healthy weight, is fed well and has healthy treats. Will he grow out of this disgusting habit or is there something I could be doing to prevent it? Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in