My darling dog is dying. Any ways to make it easier for her?

(45 Posts)
Smilethoyourheartisbreaking Wed 05-Feb-20 14:20:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
SecretWitch Wed 05-Feb-20 14:25:35

It sounds like you are doing everything in your power to make her remaining time calm and peaceful. You seem like a lovely pet owner.

I’m sending you tons of love and light.💐

Jingers5 Wed 05-Feb-20 14:32:15

Been there, l feel your pain. It's awful for you but your dog will be getting comfort from you being there. Maybe wrap a hot water bottle in a towel as the heat will help pain. Your dog is lucky to have you 💐

Whynosnowyet Wed 05-Feb-20 14:34:15

Remind her of your favourite things you have done together - refresh your memory.
flowers

UnexpectedItemInTheShaggingAre Wed 05-Feb-20 14:36:05

Just be. Like you always have done. She loves you, you love her. She knows it. ❤️ Hope you’re alright

catinb0oots Wed 05-Feb-20 14:36:37

When my girl was dying I made up a bed on the floor next to her bed and slept with her all night x

Lots of love sad

Smilethoyourheartisbreaking Wed 05-Feb-20 14:36:46

Advertisement

MyLamaDontLikeYou Wed 05-Feb-20 14:39:23

Oh you have me in tears. I have nothing useful to add but to say I'm sorry you are going through this. Treasure your memoriesthanks

Bettyhatesavocados Wed 05-Feb-20 14:45:55

Just before the vet comes I would give her something she really loves but can't usually have. My friend gave his lovely dog Maltesers. Btw, I honestly commend you for having the vet come out. I know not every one can do it, but having the vet come to your home can make all the difference for your pet. My friend (same as above) had the vet come out and I'm sure being at home at the end helped reduce his dog's stress and made her passing so much more bearable all round. My friend was able to lie on the floor alongside his dog and whisper reassurances and tell her how much he loved her/ what a wonderful dog she'd been. She just fell asleep with her head cradled in his arms.
I'm thinking of you and your lovely dog. It's sounds like you've both been very much blessed these past thirteen years flowers

Smilethoyourheartisbreaking Wed 05-Feb-20 15:51:25

catinb0oots Thu 06-Feb-20 02:40:37

I hope you and DDog have had a peaceful night xxx

Topseyt Thu 06-Feb-20 02:53:33

Hope you are having a peaceful night. You are doing really well for her. You have given her a great life and a lovely home. Hang onto that.

I've been where you are. It is very difficult. It was last November when my labrador needed to be put to sleep. I had to try and hold it together for him but I felt like such a wreck.

They have such a special place in your heart.

IdblowJonSnow Thu 06-Feb-20 03:31:25

I dont think you could do any more other than the food suggestion.
Sending strength. flowers

UnexpectedItemInTheShaggingAre Thu 06-Feb-20 04:39:18

Morning. Hope today is ok.
You sound like a wonderful dog mum x

Shev1996 Thu 06-Feb-20 04:43:35

Oh you’ve done everything, she knows you love her buy just how much you have tried to make her ending the best. You are the perfect dog mum out there

QueenOfOversharing Thu 06-Feb-20 05:06:45

I've just seen your post - I'm so so sorry! I'm awake as one of my dogs just had a massive seizure, so there's tears here (he hasn't been diagnosed yet).

Your post is a stark reminder of how much they take over our hearts. As painful as this is for you, she has obviously had a wonderful life with you and is ready to go.

I feel so awful for you - hug her tight.

Shev1996 Thu 06-Feb-20 05:09:37

So sorry @QueenOfOversharing, how is he/you?

JayAlfredPrufrock Thu 06-Feb-20 05:21:09

Lost my boy in September and I still cry every day. His ashes are by my bed.

It’s the hardest thing.

QueenOfOversharing Thu 06-Feb-20 05:22:38

@Shev1996 he's ok now, lying beside me on the sofa. I'm still crying. Ughhhh.

Smilethoyourheartisbreaking Thu 06-Feb-20 08:08:18

QueenOfOversharing Thu 06-Feb-20 08:24:36

@Smilethoyourheartisbreaking oh gosh, I cannot imagine how awful this is for you all. And I totally understand that you might feel guilty - but you are saving her from pain and that's the best we can do. She has been loved & will be with you til the end. I hope it isn't too awful for you today.

Ohnoherewego62 Thu 06-Feb-20 08:26:58

If she was an outdoors dog, could you take her into the garden for some fresh air and smells?

Obviously not if shes in pain or very comfortable where she is!

I'm really sorry you're going through this flowers

SecretWitch Thu 06-Feb-20 08:27:15

I’m thinking of you today..

paap1975 Thu 06-Feb-20 08:30:04

Sounds like you are doing everything you can for her. Letting her go will be your greatest act of love. So sorry for you

Saylwhat Thu 06-Feb-20 08:35:10

Aw bless her. She might not be able to eat much if she's unwell. Want to share any pics of her? She sounds such a lovely dog.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in