Recommended dog boarding (whippet) please?

(12 Posts)
Bigbluebeyond Thu 23-Jan-20 22:00:44

Hi,

I wondered if anyone had a recommendation for an excellent and trustworthy dog boarder (home, not kennels) for a well behaved whippet, South East ideally (we are Brighton). Freaking out about leaving her but don't know where to begin with dog boarders! She is obviously, to us, the best dog ever, but really she is very straightforward and so snuggly. Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Bigbluebeyond Fri 24-Jan-20 10:07:23

Anyone?! sad

LochJessMonster Fri 24-Jan-20 15:05:26

sorry, no recommendations but I would always go with a Council licensed place - looking at the website for a list of home boarding - www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/environment/animal-warden-team/animal-activity-licence-holders

You have either 'Snobby Doggy' or 'Brighton Barkers' with good star ratings. Check them out online (fb reviews) then arrange an appointment and check them out.

Bigbluebeyond Sat 25-Jan-20 19:27:40

Thanks very much.

stayathomegardener Sat 25-Jan-20 20:01:54

Definitely don't go council recommend, I help out at one occasionally, ticks all the boxes but no!
Especially with a whippet.
You need a home from home experience with someone who is used to being kept on their toes on walks with sighthounds.
I would offer like a shot as D dog loves having friends to stay and we have secure fields but we are in the NW.
Google the "Whippet Hotel" I don't think it's too far from you.

Bigbluebeyond Sat 25-Jan-20 20:38:31

Thank you very much, yes looking for a home from home with shop at savvy people ideally! I think the whippet hotel is closed? Thank you for offering, NW a little far.... grin

Bigbluebeyond Sat 25-Jan-20 20:39:16

Whippet not shop at....

Advertisement

LochJessMonster Mon 27-Jan-20 10:17:01

Definitely don't go council recommend Errmm you know its the law to have a license for home boarding right?? Jesus! you must insist on seeing their council license, otherwise you are using an illegal boarding set up, which won't have valid insurance and procedure.

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111165485

stayathomegardener Tue 28-Jan-20 09:10:16

Yes I do understand it is the law however in my direct experience it means nothing.
I would never put my dogs in the local 5* council rated set up.
I met a fellow whippet owner out walking a few years ago and she has my dogs, no insurance or guarantees with that but I personally and my dogs are so much happier.

Knowivedonewrong Tue 28-Jan-20 14:36:12

If you are on Facebook, check out the local dog pages. There are lots of them. Hopefully someone can recommend what you are looking for.

fastliving Tue 28-Jan-20 17:45:46

I use 'Rover' I think it's called, like borrow my doggie - but you pay the sitters.

heidiwine Wed 29-Jan-20 07:31:36

The whippet hotel has closed. I have a whippet and he’s fine as long as he knows the person who’s boarding him. We use our dog walker or our parents. If none of them were available I’d probably use trusted house sitters (I’ve heard good things about them) or find someone who would come and stay in our house to look after the dog.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in