Talk

Advanced search

Would you buy this?

(13 Posts)
Outnumb3red Sat 18-Jan-20 16:27:32

Hand knitted. Choice of colours.

My mum knits very well and I always get comments on the jumper she made my pup when we are out. I wonder if she should try sell some.

Just looking to gauge people's opinions

OP’s posts: |
floffel Sat 18-Jan-20 16:30:12

Yes!

ParsleyPot Sat 18-Jan-20 16:33:48

Aww. It's lovely.

If the dog likes wearing it and it's easy to put on and take off, then yes.

CMOTDibbler Sat 18-Jan-20 18:25:29

Its lovely, but tbh people will never pay what it is worth as I'm sure they take your mum a long while to make.

Outnumb3red Sat 18-Jan-20 18:55:14

I find it easy to put his jumper on, but I guess it would very much depend on your dog.

They don't actually take her that long to knit. But I get what you mean, if it was broken down into an hourly wage etc.

Barbaraanne22 Sat 18-Jan-20 19:11:54

If my dog would tolerate any kind of clothing, certainly yes. It looks beautiful and takes me back to the Aran jumpers my mother used to knit us all for summer holidays in UK in expectation of cold weather.

But sadly even in the bitter cold or pouring rain they get really upset in even a basic coat and refuse to walk!

Outnumb3red Sat 18-Jan-20 19:17:25

@barbaraanne22 she actually knitted my DH an aran for Christmas. It's beautiful.

She is really skilled at it.

She's also just told me it took her about 4 hrs to knit my pups jumper

loveliesbleeding1 Sat 18-Jan-20 20:32:27

Most definitely would buy.Your puppy is an absolute darling!

Wolfiefan Sat 18-Jan-20 20:33:41

That’s lovely.
I wouldn’t but only as mine is a giant hairy beast!!

Yourownpersonaljesus Sat 18-Jan-20 22:45:46

I would - it's lovely. My dog has quite a collection of jumpers as she feels the cold.

Newschapter Sat 18-Jan-20 23:07:08

I would!

You dog is a perfect model, wee beauty 🐾

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Sat 18-Jan-20 23:20:30

It's lovely, but with regret I would have to say no because DDog is quite low to the ground and his chest always gets muddy in winter, so I'd envisage this soaking up dew and mud awfully.

Herpesfreesince03 Sat 18-Jan-20 23:23:56

You’d have more of a market aiming at cats I think. Sphinx cats have gotten extremely popular and I know a few owners who keep jumpers like that on their cats throughout most of the year. The jumpers are a bit unsuitable for outside I think, and I don’t know any dog owners who put clothes on their dogs inside the house

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in