Is this a UTI?

(5 Posts)
rosesinmygarden Sat 18-Jan-20 15:10:19

Dog is having her first season which started around 10 days ago. The last couple of days I've noticed her leaving little trails of urine and washing herself a lot. The little trails seem to surprise her and I think maybe she's feeling uncomfortable but then maybe that's the bleeding...

Is this likely to be a UTI or could her season mean there is pressure on her bladder? I can't get her to the vets before Monday morning and am worrying about her.

OP’s posts: |
Dreamersandwishers Sat 18-Jan-20 16:39:41

Not had a pre-spayed girl, but just wanted to suggest to try calling your pet insurance ? Often they have a help line to talk things through.

Also is she drinking more or significantly less? Are her ears hot ( at the tips)
Hopefully someone else with more experience will come on the thread.

rosesinmygarden Sat 18-Jan-20 17:15:15

She's not hot I don't think. Drinking pretty normally, possibly slightly less.

We have an appointment on Monday at the vet.

StillMedusa Sat 18-Jan-20 19:12:26

Mine's just finishing her first season. Lots of licking (she has kept herself very clean, I'd have barely known but for a few droplets here are there) and she was urinating more often than usual but she wasn't leaving a trail. Are you sure it's urine (sometimes the bleeding goes clear during the fertile phase which she would be now)?
Mine was also clingy and off her food during the second week but we are in week 3 now and I think we will be finished in a few more days as she seems back to normal.

Hope your girl is ok and it's just season stuff. Mine's a largish dog so won't be spayed until she's 18 months so we have to get through it a few times yet :/

rosesinmygarden Sat 18-Jan-20 19:31:11

She's very clingy, I unfortunately had to go out to work both Thursday and Fridays mornings (normally do one morning max per week out of the house) and she was glued to my side the while of Friday pm!

I'm 90% sure it's urine as there's quite a lot and it's light yellow on the kitchen paper when wiping up. I also wonder if I've seen her squatting a few times but nothing coming out...

She's 8 months and I'm planning on getting her spayed asap so she doesn't have to go through this again.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in