Talk

Advanced search

Good quality long line recommendations?

(10 Posts)
DeathByPuppy Mon 13-Jan-20 16:54:54

Hi all

I have a 14wk old field type lab who I am training recall with. He’s really good on the whole, he still has that innate ‘protect me’ instinct at the moment, so we’re cashing in on it and training whistle based recall skills.

Anyway, at the moment I’m just using a long multi-way lead but it is awful in this weather as it soaks up mud and water like nobody’s business. I can literally wring it out when we’re done envy << not envy. So I need a proper long training line to attach to his harness.

Can you recommend a good quality one? One that won’t absorb a load of puddle or rain water, mud or other unmentionables and is good, safe and reliable. There are loads on amazon but the reviews seem very mixed with lots of people saying they’ve snapped during use shock.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
AlexaKimbo Mon 13-Jan-20 17:03:58

I’ve got one from Zooplus that doesn’t soak up any moisture. It’s fluorescent yellow and has a handle at the end too.

GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Mon 13-Jan-20 17:05:22

Biothane ones don't soak up water. Also come in a range of jolly and easy-to-spot colours.

FoamRoller Mon 13-Jan-20 17:07:45

Biothane ones are the best as they don't absorb water, they are pricey though...
https://www.facebook.com/biothanebert/

Ohffs66 Mon 13-Jan-20 17:10:00

Look up Dragon Training Lines & Leads on Facebook, she makes them to order

HoneysuckleSpeck Mon 13-Jan-20 17:11:35

Biothane ones are fab, strong, don’t soak up water, don’t freeze in snow.... the only downside is they’re a bit slippery when wet.

AlexaKimbo Mon 13-Jan-20 17:17:21

Ooh I think that’s what mine is made of actually- Biothane.

DeathByPuppy Mon 13-Jan-20 17:37:28

Thanks all, I’ll order a brightly coloured biothane one smile

notthemum Mon 13-Jan-20 19:18:56

Beware of colour. I noticed a thread on here a day or two ago and it said something about Yellow meaning nervous dog and different colours for different temperaments. Don't know what they were (sorry) But sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon to advise.

DeathByPuppy Mon 13-Jan-20 19:49:52

Yeah, I know about the colour & temperament thing. Trouble is that there are colours for everything and a black one would be really difficult to see on the ground smile. I’ve gone for neon yellow. The yellow for nervous dogs is more the colour of the smileys on here, so hopefully different enough to be distinguishable.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in