Talk

Advanced search

Dog Camera

(7 Posts)
Bayleaf25 Sat 04-Jan-20 23:00:17

I’m just wondering if anyone has a camera so that they can see what their dog is up to when they are out.

We will be needing to start to leave our 4 month old puppy crated for an hour or so whilst I go to the supermarket/pop out to do jobs etc. and I’d really like to see whether she is ok/just sleeps or gets anxious/barks etc.

We don’t want to spend a fortune but wondering if anyone uses anything? She’s happy in her crate at night but I’d just like to reassure myself that she isn’t getting upset.

Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Keepyourginup Sun 05-Jan-20 00:10:50

I've recently bought the Clever Dog camera. Clear image and sound and you can talk to dog if required. Reasonably priced too (from Amazon)

Loveablers Sun 05-Jan-20 01:23:37

Talking to the dog through the camera is just cruel.

Have you got a spare iPhone? Set up FaceTime until you find something else

Helenluvsrob Sun 05-Jan-20 03:59:55

I just listen in on my Alexa from my phone

BiteyShark Sun 05-Jan-20 07:15:52

I use my camera all the time even though he is an adult now and fine being left. It gives me peace of mind that he is still ok and I like seeing him snooze away.

I didn't spend much, it's an IeGeek like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I1A2RZ6. Whilst you can talk to him through the camera I never would as it would scare him. It can pan and tilt so you can move it from your phone.

Keepyourginup Sun 05-Jan-20 09:23:11

I didn't say I did talk to him....just that it was a function of the camera (as it is on most pet cameras)

Bayleaf25 Sun 05-Jan-20 14:35:28

Thanks for all your suggestions, I’ll take a look. We don’t have a spare iPhone unfortunately but some of the other cameras look good c

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in