How spoilt is your dog?

(26 Posts)
BiteyShark Sat 28-Dec-19 09:53:18

Honestly BiteyDog doesn't know how spoilt he is.

DH cooked rump steak for him yesterday. It was so big we put half of it in the fridge for today. Just found him warming it up in the microwave so it's wasn't cold.

It really is a dogs life grin

OP’s posts: |
GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Sat 28-Dec-19 12:31:01

By your metric, not very!

Two decent walks a day (often three for the younger one), mid-range kibble + scraps, comfy beds next to radiators, a few knackered old toys to chew...

pigsDOfly Sat 28-Dec-19 13:36:01

Mine doesn't get steak, although her food is very expensive as she's on a special diet.

I always warm her food in the microwave oven if the tin has been in the fridge, seems a bit miserable to have to eat it cold.

I suppose it depends how you define spoilt really.

She doesn't get treats, use carrot if treating, and she gets fresh chicken in her treat ball when I go out, which she gets very excited about.

I think she must be a bit spoilt as she seems to think she has the right to stop me dozing off on the sofa. If I do, and she's sitting beside me, she will bang her 'arm' on the seat to wake me up and I get a hard stare. Can't work out what that's about tbh but she does it every time.

Candlebarbara Sat 28-Dec-19 14:04:51

Ours is spoilt rotten. Prime spot on the sofa, free to sleep on or in our bed, lots of walks, lovely food, treats, cuddles and attention.

He was abused as a puppy and when we rescued him at 10 months he was a right old state. Took a while for him to trust us, but now he is completely attached and we feel like he deserves the best!

We won’t leave him in kennels or with anyone as he gets stressed out, so all holidays since we have got him have been in the UK, and he comes with us, holiday cottages, lodges etc.

We adore him and his funny little ways, and will be devastated when he is no longer with us.

Glentherednosedbattleostrich Sat 28-Dec-19 14:12:44

Princess Prissy Paws says she is in no way spoilt and that other dogs are just letting the side down.

Apparently all dogs should get their own sofa, half the bed, home cooked food, a bacon sandwich after their morning walk and nice cups of tea. Any less and your dog's should be phoning the RSPCA.

She broke her leg at 4.5 months old so there may have been some over compensation on my part and now her ladyship has me well trained.

BiteyShark Sat 28-Dec-19 14:35:18

DH cannot stop himself from spoiling BiteyDog. I have a camera which streams to my phone and I often catch him just before he leaves the house hand feeding him chicken. No wonder BiteyDog prefers DH to me hmm.

I do think that no matter how well we treat them they perfect the hard done by eyes grin.

BlackSwan Sat 28-Dec-19 15:35:19

Made him 2 fried eggs for breakfast. Shared a rib eye with him for lunch. I left the table/kitchen briefly and told him not to steal my steak, and he didn't. He tells me he loves me. I tried to brush him but he said it pulled so I let it go... Two big walks and now he's passed out in front of the fire place.

Advertisement

PrincessHoneysuckle Sat 28-Dec-19 15:38:43

Here is my spoilt dog.Very comfy bed in front of the fire,cuddles and treats too.

BiteyShark Sat 28-Dec-19 15:42:48

I guess it's a good thing they can't talk as they would be demanding everything their friends got grin

BlackSwan Sat 28-Dec-19 15:46:22

PrincessHoneysuckle gorgeous dog & I love his/her? pouffe, where did you get it?

PrincessHoneysuckle Sat 28-Dec-19 15:54:33

@BlackSwan thanks! It's from an ebay shop was only around 12 pounds

heatseeker14 Sat 28-Dec-19 16:24:52

Our pup is very spoilt. Good quality hot dogs and roast chicken for treats. Just spent £20 on a split antler, duck necks and a coffee tree wood chew. DH rolls his eyes when I tell him I want to pop into the pet shop now! Thing is he is worse than me. Pup hurt himself in the garden yesterday and cried quite a bit. DH sat with him for over an hour to keep an eye on him. Very cute 😊

pigsDOfly Sat 28-Dec-19 16:41:02

I'd forgotten about the sofa. I have a two seater, I've lost count of the times I've had to squeeze myself into one side of it as she's stretched out across the middle.

And how on earth a 6.5 kilo dog can take up so large a part of a double bed is beyond me.

BiteyShark Sat 28-Dec-19 16:53:23

* And how on earth a 6.5 kilo dog can take up so large a part of a double bed is beyond me.*

You could have the biggest bed in the world but they still squeeze right up to you so you end up with a fraction of the room grin

Girlintheframe Sat 28-Dec-19 17:00:41

Ours is spoilt rotten!
Gets a carrot 'snack' after daycare or long walk.
Special trips to the butchers for bones.
I now avoid the pet shop as every time I go in I see many, many things he 'needs'.

He is simply adored 😍

FrangipaniBlue Sat 28-Dec-19 17:05:16

I've just served his royal highness a chicken and veg dinner while I ate a sausage roll and some pringles confused

Cuddle every morning before he'll even entertain breakfast..... which often includes scrambled egg.

I sleep on the sofa with him when he's poorly because mean old DH won't let him in the bedroom angry

He also has a winter parka that cost me £70 shock

pigsDOfly Sat 28-Dec-19 18:58:31

Bitey It's not so much that she squeezes up against me in bed, she just seems to lie right across the middle of the bed in a sort of 'flying' pose so I have to fit myself around her - she's usually in bed first.

She's surprisingly stretchy for a dog.

loveliesbleeding1 Sat 28-Dec-19 19:28:02

Toy box stuffed full of toys,primula cheese and chicken breast for treats,scrambled egg every evening at 7:30,but she’s a big pup (50lbs) at 5 months so I’m very strict on her training regime.so definitely not behavioural spoilt! Must dash....... it’s egg time!

StillMedusa Sat 28-Dec-19 19:58:07

Hmm let me think.
I definitely did NOT spend more on her food (some raw, some expensively cooked) than ours last month.
My kids definitely did not complain that the only food in the freezer was hers...
She definitely NEEDED a second perfect fit harness just cos it's rainbow striped...
She's only ever been left alone for about 30 minutes blush (she's fine..I just worry what IF)

And she is the most perfect girl ever so she obviously deserves it smile

SlidingIntoForties Sat 28-Dec-19 21:10:29

Spoiled rotten with treats and toys and beds. Allowed on all furniture. Fusses galore.

Of course he is also spoiled in the ways that matter (to him): walked every day with good, interesting walks. Even when I am sick or got other things to do. Always thinking of ways to have fun with him. Always reviewing what he likes and trying to make his life have more of it.

He's not unusual in that. Many of your dogs get that too - just as they should grin

Girliefriendlikespuppies Sat 28-Dec-19 21:58:26

Our dog had his own stocking for Christmas, he sustained a tiny scratch on a walk which didn't bother him but upset me so he got extra treats.

BiteyShark Sun 29-Dec-19 07:23:12

So nice to hear it's not just us that are ruled by our dog fgrin. I am totally his slave.

MrsCasares Wed 01-Jan-20 12:51:29

I’m not spoilt, really I’m not.

Has 2 dog beds downstairs and a full size bed/bedroom to himself. But no, he prefers our bed to sleep in.

Purplecatshopaholic Wed 01-Jan-20 13:58:55

PurplecatDog is pretty spoiled. As he should be! He was a rescue who had a terrible time and is now relaxed, happy and a total joy. I make his food fresh (don’t even cook for myself, lol), and he has the run of my house and garden. The cats are all pretty spoiled too, to be fair, lol. It’s not a tough life for pets in my house!

catwithflowers Wed 01-Jan-20 14:04:42

Ours isn’t feeling very spoiled at the moment! We’ve just got back from a long and very muddy walk and hosed her down with cold water in the garden. Mind you, she’s now lying on her luxury bed (thanks Mumsnet 😊) by the fire drying off and looking pretty sleepy and contented.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in