Butternut Box dog food

(9 Posts)
FilthyBiscuit Mon 16-Dec-19 15:10:50

I've just signed up for a 2 week trial. It all sounds good. Poor FilthyDog has a sensitive stomach and can't tolerate usual dog food.
Does anyone have any experience with them?

OP’s posts: |
whateveryousay Mon 16-Dec-19 18:25:27

Yes! I’m on month 2. My dogs love it, and are so much healthier. Perfect poos 😂
However I’m researching an alternative because it is very, very pricey for two karge breeds.

whateveryousay Mon 16-Dec-19 18:25:52

*large breeds

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Mon 16-Dec-19 21:17:49

It's very good quality food, and probably not bad value for money, but alas my current budget doesn't stretch to it! If I had oodles of money it would be a regular part of my dog's diet.

FilthyBiscuit Tue 17-Dec-19 00:34:56

Thanks for the responses, glad to hear it is good! It's actually cheaper than buying his prescription food from the vets, although annoyingly I've just found out that I can buy it online for cheaper. Oh well, he's an old boy now and deserves good food. Thanks again.

FilthyBiscuit Tue 17-Dec-19 00:36:02

@whateveryousay, if you find a cheaper option that is as good would you mind letting me know?

Delatron Tue 17-Dec-19 20:05:53

It’s very good. My puppy is farting lots less and has perfect poo! His coat is shinier too.

The dog website (allaboutdogfood?) said it’s the best value for such a high quality, 5 star food.

It is quite expensive but then I justify that it’s the same as a cup of coffee each day. I understand the cost can be prohibitive though.

Advertisement

FilthyBiscuit Fri 20-Dec-19 15:46:20

My puppy is farting lots less

Well, that's going to be an additional bonus grin

Toooldtobearsed2 Fri 20-Dec-19 15:52:32

Oh God, I PROMISE I am not on a mission, but please think about feeding raw.
It is as cheap as other food, really good for them, I have 2 labradors and neither of them ever fart, and I can pick their poo up with bare hands.
I don't..... Honest..... But I could.

I have done it long enough and have the time to do mine from, well, raw. But, you can buy perfectly balanced raw food for a reasonable price if you don't have the time or inclination😁

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in