Talk

Advanced search

Special needs pup

(11 Posts)
salsmum Thu 05-Dec-19 03:36:37

We lost our beloved dog aged 16 6 months ago and we all miss her, I thought my other rescue dog aged 7 would get better as time went in but it's apparent that he is still grieving and is quite depressed. I saw a rescue pup aged 1 year which is a breed we have many years experience with but the pup also has dwarfism. We've spoken to rescue and she's a healthy, happy pup and ticks all our boxes. I've paid a deposit and we're due a home check which I'm quite nervous about but not sure why ( only the two of us in a 3 bed house with secure garden) she is now on the website as 'reserved' does that mean they think we are the best match or could others have also paid a deposit 'pending home check?' ( secretly hoping it's not the latter) BTW any future health issues we can work through the SN bit does not worry us. If anyone has had a pet with dwarfism I'd love to hear from you.

Floralnomad Thu 05-Dec-19 09:21:04

Good luck , if you’ve reserved her then they shouldn’t be taking deposits from other people .

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Thu 05-Dec-19 12:31:31

They will mark her as "Reserved" until your home check is passed as nothing is definite until then. As Floralnomad says - they are unlikely to take a deposit from anyone else until they have sorted out whether or not you are suitable first.

BiteyMcBiteFace Thu 05-Dec-19 15:03:56

As pp has said, I would imagine they've marked her as reserved pending your home check and wouldn't take deposits off multiple people.

Not sure what breed you're refering to, but I know 2 labs with dwarfism. Neither have particular health issues, although I think the owner of one of them said that the possibility of arthritis was more likely, but labs are prone to it anyway so there's no telling whether it would be as a result of the dwarfism, or not.

The other one I know was great playmate of my old lab and had no trouble keeping up with a non-dwarfism version smile

salsmum Thu 05-Dec-19 16:19:53

Thank you I don't know for sure if others have placed deposit I don't know what the procedure is. Maybe someone who knows can help?

salsmum Sat 04-Jan-20 21:24:40

We are absolutely thrilled to announce home check passed with flying colours and we're looking forward to welcoming our new rescue fur baby to our home grin

Scarsthelot Sun 05-Jan-20 03:54:29

Different rescues are different. And it depends s on when you apply etc.

The rescue I work with, usually does applications and home checks before you pick out a dog. They wouldnt take any money off people until the adoption is finalised either.

To know exactly how that rescue do it, you need to speak to them

FelicityMarbles Sun 05-Jan-20 17:17:42

Great news op!
I think we might need photos when you get her home!

salsmum Mon 06-Jan-20 00:21:51

Thank you here's a little teaser to be going along grinwe are thrilled to welcome this little one into our home and our hearts xx

catzrulz Mon 06-Jan-20 01:10:45

She is lovely, hope you have many happy years with her, and she becomes best friends with your other dog too.

FelicityMarbles Mon 06-Jan-20 20:26:34

She’s beautiful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »