Talk

Advanced search

home check, advice please.

(5 Posts)
BrownOwlknowsbest Wed 04-Dec-19 16:21:36

I am in the process of getting a rescue dog, and have a home check arranged for tomorrow. I had intended to take several boxes of odds and ends including some old printer toner to the tip on Monday, but have come down with an inner ear infection which has meant I can't drive to the tip, far to dizzy!!. I know I wouldn't have such stuff around at dog level normally but I can't do anything about it until this bug settles down. Should I postpone the home check until I can get to the tip? I know there are people on here who home check so advice gratefully received. I don't want to waste the volunteer's time. Thank you. The dog won't be arriving until after Christmas by the way.

RoseDog Wed 04-Dec-19 16:23:29

Just stick them in a bedroom out the way, I've had a few home checks and they've never checked anything other than the lounge we were sitting in and the gardens!

Hoppinggreen Wed 04-Dec-19 16:26:16

I homecheck
I wouldn’t be too concerned about a bit of junk. The main thing I look for it general attitude and the knowledge of what you might be facing.
I would be as concerned about someone with an immaculate home with cream carpets who was clueless about muddy paws etc as I would about someone who had junk everywhere. As long as someone is aware of potential issues and knows how to mitigate them then I’m not too worried
If you are really worried can you stick it on the car boot during the visit

fivedogstofeed Wed 04-Dec-19 21:11:52

Don't postpone the homecheck. I do homechecks, and genuinely a pile of boxes that you can easily explain is not an issue ( though as pp suggested you could stick it in your car).

BrownOwlknowsbest Wed 04-Dec-19 22:54:35

Thank you everyone. The boxes will have to stay where they are for the moment as the room spins if I bend down to move them. I will go ahead with the check anyway and hope for a good result. I've had dogs all my life, mostly rescues so I do know what I am getting into.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »