Are some dogs just going really easy as night or is there trouble to come?

(9 Posts)
Spotty528 Mon 18-Nov-19 20:01:46

Sorry for all my posts, I’m full of questions and don’t really have anyone in real life to ask!

Pup arrived on Friday, we had 10mins if crying the first 2 nights then silence until we woke him. 20 mins of crying the 3rd night and he’s just gone to bed now-night 4 and no noise.

I’m struggling to sleep cause I’m anxious and waiting for him to make a fuss during the night.

My DS took 2 long years to sleep through and still can’t go past 5am. It feels way to good to be true!

OP’s posts: |
Spotty528 Mon 18-Nov-19 20:03:39

Dear god you can tell I haven’t slept! Part of that title might be English!

MissShapesMissStakes Mon 18-Nov-19 20:12:08

Mine was like this! I also had (still have at age 7!) terrible sleeping children. So was also feeling anxious about more interruptions at night.

But we got dpup at age 11 weeks. He quietly whimpered for ten mins on the first night. And then didn’t disturb us until 6am! Happy with that!

He is now one and a half. He has slept all night downstairs ever since. Now he doesn’t wake up till we get up. Can be any time between 7 and 8.30 before he decides he needs company.

The only time he was unsettled at night was his first ever holiday. He cried and barked when we left him downstairs at night. So we let him sleep in the bedroom with us (there was a settee in there). I was thinking he would expect the same when we got home but not a complaint on our first night home.

My thinking is I’ve done (still doing) my time with disturbed nights so I’m owed a good sleeping dog!

Also he doesn’t sleep a lot in the day as he’s rarely alone and he likes to join in whatever we are doing.

Screamqueenz Mon 18-Nov-19 20:12:15

Some are fine fairly quickly, some take longer, some start well and have a bit of a relapse.

It sounds like its all going well, try to get some sleep.

Spotty528 Mon 18-Nov-19 20:15:58

Thanks, I’m going to bed now, feeling relatively calm this evening. I just don’t want to jinx it! We had him at 10 weeks, he was the last pup to go and the owner separated him from mum for the last 2 nights so maybe that helped. Keep everything crossed for us!

MissShapesMissStakes Mon 18-Nov-19 20:23:34

Good luck!

Honeyroar Mon 18-Nov-19 20:58:55

One of mine was like that. Slept through every night, was house trained within a week, only went to the loo inside once. She was so easy! (Made up for it when she was 14, going to the loo inside no end in the last few months!)

Advertisement

Girlintheframe Tue 19-Nov-19 05:56:08

Our pup was very easy at night but he slept in a crate next to our bed. I used to get up to take him out when he stirred but that only went on for a week then he slept through completely. He still has a bladder of steel and does his last pee at around 7.30pm and doesn't go again until around 7.30 am. Just like kids I suppose some pups settle really quickly and sleep well but some don't.

Spotty528 Tue 19-Nov-19 08:00:26

Not a peep last night and I actually slept too! His bladder must be the size of a thimble cause he’s peeing constantly during the day but only once inside yesterday. He’s not asking to go out but we’re just taking him out very frequently.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in