Talk

Advanced search

Countdown to surgery

(8 Posts)
motherofdoodles Thu 14-Nov-19 09:03:50

Our year old girl is being spayed soon. I'm trying to get ahead of the game and prepare. We have an older boy so plan to have her in a pen at night so she gets peace and quiet. Does anyone recommend those surgery suit type things to prevent tearing at stitches? I also hate that's it's so difficult for them to drink with a cone of shame on so was thinking of the attached that can be flipped down the way. All advice welcome!

OP’s posts: |
Motorina Thu 14-Nov-19 09:21:45

I’ve never come of shamed mine after spaying - just kept an eye on them - and they haven’t worried the stitches.

motherofdoodles Thu 14-Nov-19 09:24:17

Thanks @Motorina what about nighttime?

BiteyShark Thu 14-Nov-19 09:34:42

After any surgery we used a combination of body suits, hard cone and the soft inflatable cones depending on how much supervision I could give and how easy it was to get at any stitches.

Body suit typically used at night. Hard cone when cannot watch them. Soft cone when I was in the house and around him to keep checking.

motherofdoodles Thu 14-Nov-19 10:03:04

@BiteyShark that was roughly my plan so I'll try that. Hate putting her through this! Thanks

NotTheMrMenAgain Thu 14-Nov-19 19:03:42

My hound had a vest thing, which generally worked well - apart from the three times I took her out for a wee and totally forgot about unpopping the gusset!

motherofdoodles Thu 28-Nov-19 11:30:42

Thought I should update you. Surgery a success as is the surgery suit she's rocking! Thank you all

motherofdoodles Thu 28-Nov-19 11:31:32

Btw suit unbuttoned there as I was supervising her. Successfully buttoned up at night

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in