Stopping other people's dogs from going on my drive

(12 Posts)
ihavehobbies Sun 03-Nov-19 11:02:50

I have at least one person who kindly lets their dog do its stuff on my drive and leaves it. I have a little girl and I have to do something. I cant wait this person out (due to working and layout of house) and a whole new CCTV thing is not an option. I also have a cat.

Is there any repellent I could use that won't be horrible for the other dogs walking past (of which there are a lot) and cats?

OP’s posts: |
BigRedBoat Sun 03-Nov-19 11:06:58

Could you try an angry sign? 'Don't let your dog shit on my driveway you filthy bastard' or similar?

Wolfiefan Sun 03-Nov-19 11:07:44

Gate? confused

Mrsjayy Sun 03-Nov-19 11:23:30

You need to confront them you know who they are if they are leaving dog poo what elsecan you do

Wheat2Harvest Sun 03-Nov-19 11:26:42

Contact the dog warden and explain what is happening. Hopefully they will be able to give you some advice.

ihavehobbies Sun 03-Nov-19 11:26:54

Gates/signs not really an option as it's a drive way, that's why I was thinking repellent or maybe deterrent is the right word, nothing too horrible but the dogs/cats won't want to go to that exact spot (same place pretty much) and not deter them (especially my cat) from the whole area

narcdad45 Sun 03-Nov-19 11:27:17

That's awful I'd leave a sign saying"please pick up your dog mess, if your dog fouls my drive I will report you using the surveillance cameras which are installed"

Advertisement

Wolfiefan Sun 03-Nov-19 11:27:22

You can put gates over a driveway.

Fraught1 Sun 03-Nov-19 11:30:57

Buy some playground chalk ( the big, thick sticks ) and write a message. Something along the lines "Do not let your dog piss and shit on my drive you selfish fucker" should do it.

ihavehobbies Sun 03-Nov-19 11:36:16

Lol chalk is not a bad idea, I'd have to keep the swearing to a minimum as it's by a school but so tempted. Checking the weather forecast now for a couple of dryer days

Fraught1 Sun 03-Nov-19 11:43:07

Swearing is optional 😁 as long as you get your point across.

GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Sun 03-Nov-19 12:42:06

Gold spray for the turds?
Ask the neighbours who it is?

I don't get dog owners like this - I feel embarrassed if mine starts weeing on someone's drive, and promptly haul off into the nearest gutter.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in