Talk

Advanced search

Dog proof paint

(11 Posts)
EvenPhilip Sun 27-Oct-19 17:15:19

Have posted this in home decor and had precisely sod all in the way of reply.
Looking to sell house, in need of a lick of paint but must be wipeable as the dog can make a bit of a mess after walks running up the stairs. ( Multi level town house) needs to be inexpensive.

OP’s posts: |
GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Sun 27-Oct-19 18:17:30

NO paint is dog proof but if it's paint for the walls, use bathroom/kitchen paint (which you can wipe down) or put a coat of decorator's varnish over what is already there.

(I ordered the wrong paint for our kitchen - right paint, wrong finish - but slapped a coat of decorator's varnish over the top and it has been brilliant.)

If it's for the stairs themselves, use floor paint which is easier to touch up than gloss.

EvenPhilip Sun 27-Oct-19 19:00:33

Yes I realise NO paint is dog proof, I should have catered for the pedant.
It's walls, I'll ask at a paint shop.

Girlintheframe Mon 28-Oct-19 04:56:58

We used Valspar from B &Q. It's the ones they mix in store. You can colour match it to. They do I think 3 different types. We did the house in the scrub able version as have cats and a dog. So far it's been great, easily cleaned walls without removing any paint

acabria Mon 28-Oct-19 05:37:44

Dulux Easycare

BiteyShark Mon 28-Oct-19 06:03:54

I have just painted my house and used a delux satin paint.

I think from memory satin is the one that can be wiped whereas Matt can't.

Make sure you don't buy a cheap one and use a couple of coats then from my experience it will tolerate wiping.

GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Mon 28-Oct-19 08:37:29

@EvenPhilip and then people bitch if you put <light-hearted>
gringrin

EvenPhilip Mon 28-Oct-19 08:39:55

Yes sorry @GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman I think I was feeling a bit grumpy myself at time of posting blush

inwood Mon 28-Oct-19 09:46:48

We're decorating at the moment and have some kind of durable wipe clean paint by Dulux, can't remember what it's called but we have a dog, and very messy twins and it was recommended.

GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Mon 28-Oct-19 16:48:50

I think I was feeling a bit grumpy myself
No worries.
Just go and choose the colour you like and if it doesn't come in Dog-Proof Coating (TM), just slap a coat of decorator's varnish over the top.

HardAsSnails Mon 28-Oct-19 16:52:38

The Dulux labelled 'diamond' (I've got the kitchen version) is scrubbable.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in