Drying Coat

(13 Posts)
redhotketchup999 Mon 30-Sep-19 19:41:04

Please could I have recommendations for a good drying coat.
I have a 15kg springer who is more the size of a cocker, so advice re sizing would be helpful too!
Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Honeyroar Mon 30-Sep-19 21:46:30

I've found fleeces are the easiest and best drying rugs. I liked the equifleece jumper rugs a lot, but my labs started grumbling about having their legs put in the sleeves when they got older and arthiritic. I then went onto Ruff and Tumble rugs, which are extremely cute, but slip and get very heavy (and are slow to dry), so I'm not v impressed with them. I now use a basic fleece, which works well.

Floralnomad Mon 30-Sep-19 23:51:43

My dog has a dry bag which he’s more than happy to lie in whilst he dries .He also has equafleece jumpers and all in one suits that he wears when it’s cold and wet to reduce the mess . Equafleece will put zips in their jumpers etc if you have a dog that can’t get in them without .

Aurea Tue 01-Oct-19 00:07:49

https://www.dogrobes.co.uk

Spidey66 Tue 01-Oct-19 10:29:15

My dog has one that Aurea links to. It works well and is easy to put on and take off. At nearly £30 though it cost more than my own dressing gown lol.

SlothMama Tue 01-Oct-19 10:29:52

Dog robes or ruff and tumble for me!

GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Tue 01-Oct-19 20:20:11

Ruff and Tumble - works well when she comes in soaking wet from either being hosed down or exercised in the pissing rain.

Advertisement

PrayingandHoping Tue 01-Oct-19 20:22:02

Equafleece are excellent

redhotketchup999 Tue 01-Oct-19 21:20:18

I do like the look of rough and tumble. Especially the collar to dry wet spaniel ears!

OP’s posts: |
mimbleandlittlemy Tue 01-Oct-19 21:23:16

Just got a rough & tumble at local dog show as it was pouring with rain so got sucked in to their stand. It is brilliant - quite setting aside the fact mimbledog looks adorable wrapped up as a blue towelling sausage. Highly recommended.

mimbleandlittlemy Tue 01-Oct-19 22:15:48

Mimbledog modelling his Rough and Tumble and pretending to be a highland cow

FelicityMarbles Fri 04-Oct-19 14:46:09

My dog has one from collared creatures. It’s great, dries him quickly.
www.collaredcreatures.com/

LimeJellyHead Wed 20-Nov-19 11:15:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in