I have 3 questions....

(8 Posts)
Mochame Sun 29-Sep-19 20:05:29

1. What’s the name of the website please that gives you the nutritional value of dog food and tells you whether it’s crap or good?

2. Any advice on a good grain-free food for 15 mth dog (meal and treats) please?
(With previous Ddog we gave carrots etc as well and do intend on doing this too)

3. This harness/secure-in-car thing....I am massively confused confused The ‘lead’ type ones surely can get around their neck and strangle them? Yet the ‘harness’ ones mean they’re unable to move? Am I over-thinking or not thinking logically? Advice welcome please.

Soon to be living with us - YAY!!!
(Medium to large breed)

Thankyou in advance 🐾🐾

OP’s posts: |
mimbleandlittlemy Sun 29-Sep-19 20:20:22

allaboutdogfood.co.uk

I have a short stretchy strap that clips on dog’s harness. Got if from amazon. Dog can stand and sit happily on back seat and absolutely couldn’t strangle himself in any way whatsoever.

I feed Aatu which is grain free and grain free wet food too.. Bounce and Bella are very good for grain free treats.

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Sun 29-Sep-19 20:34:13

My dog has turkey and veg flavoured grain free dry food from james wellbeloved. Also to vary things Harringtons grain free dry foods in 2 diff flavours. Also mix in some james wellbeloved g-free wet food .(pouches). The J Wellbeloved dry food is far and away her favourite.

GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Sun 29-Sep-19 20:43:15

There are some questions over grain free dog food and cardiomyopathy developing in some dogs. It's something to consider before you select a food.

tabulahrasa Sun 29-Sep-19 22:12:14

“Yet the ‘harness’ ones mean they’re unable to move?”

No, they can sit up, they can move about a bit to get comfy - they just can’t wander round the car.

Mochame Sun 29-Sep-19 22:19:42

Perfect- thankyou so much.
I will read up more intensely, now I have this info I can narrow it down & investigate further.

I was frazzled before.

OP’s posts: |
Scattyhattie Mon 30-Sep-19 00:54:27

Most of car harnesses on the market are just restraints to stop dog moving in transit & distracting the driver as there is no safety standard for them to meet & most would fail under crash testing conditions. Can only think of a few off top of my head which have passed under countries child restraints standards. Sleepydog click-it/sport, ezydog drive and ruffwear load up.

www.centerforpetsafety.org/test-results/harnesses/2013-harness-crash-test-videos/ loads videos of crash testing so can see how different types tend to fare, its bit shock disturbing even with dummy dogs.

Advertisement

Scattyhattie Mon 30-Sep-19 01:01:43

Not sleepydog = Sleepypod Clickit Terrain & Sleepypod Clickit Sport

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in