Dogs shut in outhouse and crying

(10 Posts)
Supergluerules Sat 21-Sep-19 12:01:55

I'd appreciate some advice please on this situation. Neighbours have 4 mid size dogs in a small semi, they are never walked. Last night and this morning they appear to have been shut in an outhouse and I can hear one crying and sounding distressed. It may be the same one I saw limping in the garden earlier. It made one of my own dogs whimper - I can't leave the back door open as it's stressing me out too.
We are not friendly with them, so not keen to be too confrontational.
Any thoughts? Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Els1e Sat 21-Sep-19 12:31:15

I would contact RSPCA.

Weenurse Sat 21-Sep-19 12:33:10

As above

GrumpyMiddleAgedWoman Sat 21-Sep-19 19:08:14

RSPCA in my experience are totally useless. You might do better with environmental health if the noise is loud.

Wigglebutts4rescue Sun 22-Sep-19 20:48:35

Not sure what area you are but I would advise finding out your local rescue centre &calling them for advice as they may have local foster carers & connections for rescue if needed. Unfortunately the RSPCA are very overloaded you could try your local RSPCA inspector though if you can get hold of them, or the council dog warden. This is a tricky situation & sadly not that easy to rectify.

Supergluerules Mon 23-Sep-19 07:16:40

Thanks, I don't think it is bad enough to try RSPCA, they are so under pressure. It's a local authority house so I will check with the housing team about max number of dogs allowed.

OP’s posts: |
mrssunshinexxx Mon 23-Sep-19 13:23:46

Your post makes me want to cry so many people don't deserve the pets they have it's hear breaking

Advertisement

spiderlight Mon 23-Sep-19 15:10:02

Oh, poor dogs sad Try your local dog warden for advice.

sillysmiles Wed 25-Sep-19 18:24:04

Are you sure anyone is home and they haven't just been locked in the shed while the owners are gone away?

Windydaysuponus Wed 25-Sep-19 18:27:19

Council. Could they be breeding in the shed? Need a licence...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in