Fleas

(2 Posts)
Alwaysgrey Thu 12-Sep-19 09:16:08

Very embarrassed. Our groomer rang yesterday to say our dog has fleas 😭 he has quite a long coat but is checked regularly. I’ve gone up to the vet and got some more flea treatment. I’ve washed his bedding, I’m washing anything fabric he may have come into contact with, I’ve ordered some carpet spray, I’m going to do a deep clean of the rooms he’s allowed in. But am I missing anything? I’m mortified. I’m not keen on chemically treating him regularly if he doesn’t have fleas but now thinking I definitely should (he’s 10 months). Short of burning the house down, any tips? I found one flea on the cupboard this morning 🤢

OP’s posts: |
mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Thu 12-Sep-19 11:47:28

You need to get a flea spray from the vet's that you can use on the soft furnishings. They can usually sell you a better one that any you get online. Re the dog: Frontline, I understand, doesn't work any more on dog and cat fleas, so avoid that (I get Advocate spot-on). I do my dog for fleas every month- likewise my previous dog - I can't think of a different way to keep them under control, unless you are willing to do multiple medicated baths (every time you suspect the dog may have them).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in