Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of dog smell

(5 Posts)
squee123 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:18:13

My dogs stopped smelling doggy after I put them in a grain free food. I also try not to do more than hose them as the more you wash them the more it messes up their natural oils which can make them smell more

Erika234 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:14:28

I also don't use candles, I just wash everything, especially the place where my dog sleeps. And of course, air the house. By the way, how often do you wash your dogs? I think, it is not good to do this frequently, it can make them more smelly.

PookieDo Wed 28-Aug-19 10:52:06

It can make them sneeze and cough
I tend to air the house out and make dog go outside for a bit, wash things regularly and clean out the Hoover.

missbattenburg Wed 28-Aug-19 10:00:17

Activated carbon - such as amazon.co.uk/Apalus-Purifying-Activated-Dehumidifier-Deodorizer/dp/B07DQBV3WV/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=pet+odour+carbon&qid=1566982753&s=gateway&sr=8-18]]

Have recently discovered them (there are loads o different makes) and think it makes a difference.

Keepsmiling1 Wed 28-Aug-19 09:32:48

I'm sure I read on here about candles that are good at getting rid of the smell of dog? We have a puppy and he's not very smelly but having gone from not having any pets to having him there is a faint smell.

Does anyone know about these candles? Or can recommend anything else to get that fresh smell in your house?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in