Drontal tasty bone wormer...

(6 Posts)
HeyYouWhatToDo Wed 21-Aug-19 16:00:49

Is my dog the only one who doesn't find it tasty????

After screwing his nose up he took it from me, but spat it back out.in the end i had to crush it up in a yogurt for him!!!

OP’s posts: |
Bunnybigears Wed 21-Aug-19 16:03:51

Mine is the same, he can detect a tablet at 100 paces even if it supposed to taste nice or been smothered in Dairylea.

pigsDOfly Wed 21-Aug-19 20:03:32

I suppose it's a matter of who decides it's tasty.

My dog doesn't think it's tasty either, so clearly that's three dogs they haven't asked.

Must be some dogs somewhere I suppose that have said, 'yea that tastes great.'

It's like all the polls that are done before things like elections. You have to wonder who all these people are that they're asking, but it's never me.

DimplesToadfoot Thu 22-Aug-19 23:04:41

Mine didn't like it either, I ended up shoving the bits into chopped up tinned hot dog sausages. Then played catch, one bit after the other I threw for her. Plain first, then baited then more plain, they were all gulped down that fast she didn't have a clue :-)

watchman2016 Thu 22-Aug-19 23:26:30

My Beagle swallowed it without even tasting it, but that's typical behaviour for her!
CKCS sniffed it, then ate it no problem so guess he thought it was tasty!
Trying to get the cat to have her worming tablet however is a completely different matter!
Spat it out when I put it in and closed her mouth and stroked her throat, so crushed it and mixed it in wet food, she decided that she would rather go out in the rain than eat that!

pigsDOfly Thu 22-Aug-19 23:38:29

Yes cats, always suspect you might be trying to poison them.

One of my cats was able to hold a pill in her mouth for absolutely ages and would still manage to spit it out entirely intact.

And had there been a cat Olympics for the distance a pill could be spat she would have won gold every time; one of my vets was most impressed by her particular skill at that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in