OMG - I'm in shock!

(118 Posts)
Sarahlou63 Mon 19-Aug-19 15:13:08

Just browsing FB and I see a dog for adoption as his owner has gone into a nursing home. 12 year old collie/Serra da Estrela cross.

Just so happens I have a 12 year old collie/Serra da Estrela cross - his full brother!!! So of course we're going to adopt him. Dog #8!!!

OP’s posts: |
PeopleMover Mon 19-Aug-19 15:16:21

That's fantastic OP. How lovely to be reunited with their doggy brother smile

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Mon 19-Aug-19 15:18:35

He's lovely. Will they know each other????
Updates please.

Sarahlou63 Mon 19-Aug-19 15:20:56

I got Jack (with the white nose) at 8 weeks so doubt they'll remember each other! But there are SO many dogs who need a home and no one would want a big, relatively old dog. I couldn't NOT take him. Thankfully my DP is as soft as I am!

Ninkaninus Mon 19-Aug-19 15:22:23

Ohhhh how lovely. ❤️

GloriousGoosebumps Mon 19-Aug-19 15:29:30

I love a happy ending!

Ninkaninus Mon 19-Aug-19 15:47:06

When’s he coming to live with you?

Advertisement

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Mon 19-Aug-19 15:48:02

I used to have a lovely collie cross and have great fondness for them (I admire their cleverness and their independent (disobedient) minds).

Moondancer73 Mon 19-Aug-19 15:51:54

Aww how lovely. When you say dog number 8 does that mean the number you've had in total or you have 7 at home now?

fleshmarketclose Mon 19-Aug-19 15:55:10

Oh a lovely happy ending for the old boy.

Sarahlou63 Mon 19-Aug-19 15:56:15

@Moondancer73 - we have 7 already!

Waiting to hear from the woman who's arranging the adoption on behalf of the owner.

Summerunderway Mon 19-Aug-19 15:57:46

Update when they re-meet op!!
My ddog now has her dm living with us!! A special bond I can tell you!!
Fate dealt that ddog a great hand - or paw??

3luckystars Mon 19-Aug-19 15:58:16

How do you walk 8 dogs?

Congratulations on your new dog! Amazing coincidence isn't it a small world.

S1naidSucks Mon 19-Aug-19 16:00:47

Oh that’s wonderful. It might surprise you and they could actually recognise each other. Dogs sense of family and ability to remember each other is amazing.

I own a doggy daycare and was recently walking a small, unusual crossbreed when I met it’s lookalike on the street directly behind me. They got on brilliantly, even though both intact males and mine tends to be grumpy. When we started discussing them, we discovered they were actually from the same litter! Four years I’ve been looking after that dog and it’s brother lives in a house almost directly behind me. They both came from a town over 50 miles away!

picklemepopcorn Mon 19-Aug-19 16:01:39

I'm signing in just to see how this turns out!

Sarahlou63 Mon 19-Aug-19 16:03:59

@3luckystars

Four dogs 'help' me feed the horses and poo pick twice a day, two more go for a solo run after breakfast and the other comes with me when I'm working on the farm during the day. We have 3 hectares of land, a huge garden and live in the middle of nowhere. Plus GPS collars for the dogs who tend to go AWOL!

Nameisthegame Mon 19-Aug-19 16:09:32

This warmed my heart keep it up and us updated xx pics and stories please! X

AwdBovril Mon 19-Aug-19 16:13:04

That is so lovely. I would love to have a dog but we cannot afford it (we rent - most landlord say no pets). You sound lovely OP, hope the dog is very happy with you & his new family.

pontiouspilates Mon 19-Aug-19 16:15:55

We are currently trying to give a home to a rescue dog and this has absolutely Warmed my heart. Please keep us posted!

PennyGold Mon 19-Aug-19 16:26:16

💛💛💛

Sarahlou63 Mon 19-Aug-19 19:01:08

Going to meet him on Saturday grin

TheBabyAteMyBrain Mon 19-Aug-19 19:03:09

Four dogs 'help' me feed the horses and poo pick twice a day, two more go for a solo run after breakfast and the other comes with me when I'm working on the farm during the day. We have 3 hectares of land, a huge garden and live in the middle of nowhere. Plus GPS collars for the dogs who tend to go AWOL!

Forget the dog Op! Adopt me! That sounds like a marvelous existence!

FredaFrogspawn Mon 19-Aug-19 19:06:54

The owner will be able to enter her next phase of life happily in the knowledge that her beloved dog is going to be well cared-for among friends. That is invaluable. How lovely.

Ninkaninus Mon 19-Aug-19 19:30:55

This thread is so lovely, and just what I need right now...

Please tell us more about your farm, your animals, and just any little stories about your daily life, so that we can know a bit more about the wonderful life this lucky dog will have. And yes, I’m so pleased too that the current owner can rest assured that their doggy is going to probably the most ideal place possible other than with them. 😊

userxx Mon 19-Aug-19 19:37:46

Awwwww. This has warmed my heart. Can't wait for the update❤️

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in