Has my dog gone off me..? :-(

(1 Post)
Superted2 Sun 18-Aug-19 22:19:03

First of all let me start by saying I'm 37 weeks pregnant, so potentially a little over sensitive!

I have a 20 month old Labrador, who we have had since he was 10 weeks old. From the day we got him, he was a bit of a Mummy's boy tbh, followed me everywhere, would always want to sit near me, rest his head of me etc. Just generally loved me, and vice versus!

When I got pregnant, I was really sick (standard morning sickness etc) for the first 14 weeks. In that time I was pretty boring (in bed a lot, not doing many walks etc) and my DH ended up doing a lot more, and his bond with our lab grew.

Anyway, since then I feel like he is far more indifferent to me (even though I'm back to doing walks/playing etc). He seems much for excited by by DH and tends not to be so bothered about me (won't rest his head on me as much, and just a general vibe!). I know this sounds really needy, but I miss our close bond! He's my first baby! I worry it will only get worse when the baby comes and I can't pay him as much attention (or maybe he'll prefer that)

Not sure what advice I'm looking for! Just, do you think that's it now forever? Or could it change again? I never thought this would bother me... but it really does!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in