Dog training and advice FB group.

(2 Posts)
Puddingmama2017 Wed 07-Aug-19 21:47:48

Can I just warn people about this group as it see it mentioned here a lot which is how I requested to be added.

A lot of people who post here are anxious or nervous about having a puppy (myself included, I have another thread on here atm)
and this group gets recommended. I’ve posted there a couple of times and got advice. It is a very rigid group, there is only one way, their way, and anything else is totally wrong/neglectful/abusive.

I posted again about the issues mentioned in the thread above this afternoon and my post was declined (which is fine, no issue with that, it’s their choice) but I’m now banned from posting at all which hasn’t helped my anxiety about any issues as I can no longer ask advice for anything. They clearly didn’t like that the methods they had recommended to me aren’t working in our case.

Just wanted to warn people that while it does have a lot of up to date advice you have to fit their mould and agree entirely with them which might not help other anxious puppy owners.

OP’s posts: |
Maxineputyourredshoeson Wed 07-Aug-19 22:04:20

I joined the above group before we got our puppy in March, I have since left.

I too found the group very rigid and tbh the group didn’t really suit me, in saying that I did find their guides very helpful.

I appreciate that it’s quite a large group they’re running and they don’t want it to get repetitive but I do prefer groups where you can actually have a discussion as opposed to admin only answering posts.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in