Puppy has gone off her nice, balanced puppy food...

(7 Posts)
StillMedusa Thu 01-Aug-19 23:47:01

She's now 12 weeks, thriving and growing so fast. But she has definitely gone off the food she started with (Natures Menu puppy) and she finds kibble boring!

Ideally I want to move to raw (pre packaged to start with at least until I have a good grasp of what's involved) but we are off camping in a fortnight so need to wait til we get back due to not having a freezer there!
Any suggestions? She absolutely adores chicken (cooked or raw) but I can hardly just feed her that!

OP’s posts: |
Alislia17 Fri 02-Aug-19 04:05:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

missbattenburg Fri 02-Aug-19 07:18:06

Introduce some wet/cooked food?

Add something a bit more interesting to the kibble, such as a little bit of tinned sardines etc?

I think many dogs become picky eaters around this age - and mostly then settle down again when they are older.

adaline Fri 02-Aug-19 08:42:09

Is she just on kibble? I think a lot of dogs find plain biscuits to be pretty boring, to be quite honest.

We mix wet and dry together, and occasionally he gets things like cheese, eggs, tinned fish, vegetables or boiled chicken mixed in too. I wouldn't like to eat the same thing every meal so I don't expect my dog to either.

StillMedusa Sat 03-Aug-19 09:03:21

She's on a mix of wet and dry. I popped out and bought a variety (of good stuff not cheapo) and she wolfed it down. I'd never just feed kibble.. I have cats too and spend more time choosing their menus than mine :D. I'm just not confident yet about puppy food! However she put on Kg this week so can't be doing too badly (big puppy)!

OP’s posts: |
alteredHalfling Sun 04-Aug-19 09:18:03

Mine had problems with puppy food, i went to fresh brown rice, chicken/duck/tripe and veg with a vitamins tablet mixed in, i'd cook 2-3 days worth ago leave it in the fridge added to vitamin on the day she went from underweight and malnourished to fit and health nice and quick (i took her at 6weeks old from people who did look after her properly)

kjhkj Tue 06-Aug-19 10:15:25

mine is 12 weeks and on nutriment raw food plus a raw egg each day and some carrots and broccoli. Seems to be thriving although the nurse at the vets told us not to raw feed until 18 months old. We're now not sure what to do for the best.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in