Talk

Advanced search

I Can't believe what he's just done!!

(13 Posts)
bigpawsnopaws Fri 26-Jul-19 08:19:11

My Lab pup is 6.5 months old, hes been so good to train and hasn't toileted indoor since he was about 4 months old.
This morning I was sat in the lounge with him having a cuppa as per usual and he just sat and poo'd on the rug 😲😖 wtf is he thinking?!!

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Fri 26-Jul-19 09:30:59

Don't panic. My dog has a couple of isolated incidents up to the age of 1 even though he was toilet trained.

I just went back to basics for a couple of days and took him out and praised him again for toileting outside.

Nesssie Fri 26-Jul-19 10:36:38

He's thinking ' I need to poo'. Nothing more or less than that.
He's still a puppy and will have the odd accident.

bigpawsnopaws Fri 26-Jul-19 12:47:20

i wasn't cross with him, I was just shocked grin I guess he lured me into a false sense of security letting me think he was perfect wink The back door was open as it has been for weeks! Like Biteyshark said, back to basics for a while.

He is also constantly licking/scratching his 'bits' is that normal?

missbattenburg Fri 26-Jul-19 13:21:24

At about a year old Battendog peed up my Dad's wall. In his defence, resting against the wall was a wreath made of twigs so I think he thought it was a bush grin

He's never anything like it since.

Heuristic01 Fri 26-Jul-19 13:24:03

I would be just as shocked as you if my dog did the same! I suspect there's a good reason behind it - perhaps it was an emergency or your dog wasn't feeling too well, or the weather was taking a toll on your dog's body. If it's a one off I wouldn't worry too much, but if it continues then it's worth booking your dog in for a health check to rule out any health issues.

bigpawsnopaws Fri 26-Jul-19 14:04:43

missbattenburg 😂

heuristic I hope it's a one off! He's had gone abit random tbh. He was like clockwork pooing every morning at 5am, the last week he's only wee'd at 5, and poo'd later. who knows🤷‍♀️

FreddiesMammy Fri 26-Jul-19 14:10:10

My dog still does this and he’s a bit older than 1, he does it usually if he has a stomach bug/is scared. Have any of you been out of the house for longer than you usually are, or has there been a change in his routine?

bigpawsnopaws Fri 26-Jul-19 14:15:38

freddie no change that I can think of, I wondered if it got too hot in the garden yesterday.so he thought he'd stay inside todaygrin

bigpawsnopaws Mon 29-Jul-19 11:45:40

Thankfully no more accidents indoors! hopefully was just a random one offgrin

Sooverthemill Mon 29-Jul-19 11:48:10

My young dog has been awesome inside pretty much from 5 months thank god except one day when the really annoying husband of a Fresno was visiting and droning on and on and puppy crouched down and did a wee right next to dull man's feet! Teehee

LouLouLoupee Mon 29-Jul-19 11:52:48

I had similar with my dog, once when he was a couple of years he crapped on DS’s bed envy
Nothing different, didn’t seem out of sorts and never did it again. Unfortunately I had stripped the bed so there was a big steaming shit directly on the mattress. I moved DS into my bed for a couple of weeks and DH slept on the sofa until we could replace it 🙈

bigpawsnopaws Tue 30-Jul-19 05:10:52

sooverthemill it's as tho they know!wink

Loupee omg how awfulshock little buggers..Good job we love them!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in