Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have a dog that pees on his own leg?

(8 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Tue 23-Jul-19 08:45:23

Ddog (only had him a few weeks) seem to have a bad aim and when he cocks his leg he pees on his front leg. He ends up smelling of pee. Other than hosing him down several times a day is there anything I can do to make him pee differently? I’m guessing not but remaining hopeful 😁

OP’s posts: |
bettydaviseyes1 Tue 23-Jul-19 08:47:37

No solution sorry but you're not alone, my little man pees so much sometimes the big flood soaks his paws...I sometimes kiss those paws... boke

Lovemusic33 Tue 23-Jul-19 08:50:29

betty 🤢, it seems worse in the morning after he does his big wee, he’s now led next to me and I can smell him. But he’s still soooooo cute 😁

BrokenWing Tue 23-Jul-19 10:16:20

What age is your dog? ddog(5) used to do this as a young dog when he started cocking his leg and would wobble after a few seconds. His balance and aim got better in time.

Michelleoftheresistance Tue 23-Jul-19 10:21:22

Mine also did this for a few months when young and thankfully grew out of it, but there was a while where I was constantly wet wiping and washing him off. If he's been groomed recently it may also been that someone trimmed off the 'wick' of hair on his penis which guides urine away from the body. An inexperienced groomer has done that to my male dogs before now and caused the dog to get urine all over themselves until it grew back. Its revolting but it shouldn't last.

Lovemusic33 Tue 23-Jul-19 11:47:54

He’s only 10 months old so hopefully he will grow out of it. He doesn’t get groomed as he’s a short hair breed. Wet wipes are a great idea 😁

BeerandBiscuits Tue 23-Jul-19 12:42:51

I think it can take a while for them to work out the logistics.
My rescue GSD used wet his lower leg when I first got him at 8 months old. He stopped doing it by the time he was a year.

newmomof1 Tue 23-Jul-19 13:53:59

My little boy squatted like a girl til he was 18 months. When he started cocking his leg he couldn't lift it high enough so always had accidents.

6 months on and he's finally mastered the art 😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in