Puppy sleep regression....

(7 Posts)
Maxineputyourredshoeson Mon 22-Jul-19 14:49:20

.... is this a thing and if so how the fuck did I miss it when I was doing my research on puppies or did I block it from my mind??

Steve (pic attached) is 6mths, he seems to be in adolescence merrily humping his way around the house. His previous excellent behaviour is now not so good. Apparently he can no longer follow a single instruction but the absolute killer is him deciding 3.30/4am is an excellent time to get up. He sleeps in the same room as us, has access to food and water and doesn’t want the toilet he just wants up.

His bedtime hasn’t changed, we have blackout curtains because I have insomnia. No change in food, exercise, where he sleeps, routine - although that will change as the DC are now off school - absolutely everything is the same as it has been from day one.

He’s always been a great sleeper, we’ve been very spoiled with him but he’s not even sleeping much in the day.

It’s a good job he’s bloody adorable! Please tell me this stage passes....

OP’s posts: |
Whywhywhy1 Mon 22-Jul-19 15:15:56

How long have you had him for?

Maxineputyourredshoeson Mon 22-Jul-19 15:42:09

Since he was 9wks.

missbattenburg Mon 22-Jul-19 15:47:18

It passes, stay strong.

He is a arsehole teenager and like any human areholse teeager he is going to push and push to see what the 'rules' of his world really are. It sounds like what he really wants to test is "do I HAVE to stay asleep ALL night, even after it starts to get light"

The answer is, of course, "yes you do".

Somewhere between 1-2 years old you will get you little buddy back. Until then you have my sympathies; you are sharing your home with a git. grin

p.s. Steve is an awesome name for a dog.

Maxineputyourredshoeson Mon 22-Jul-19 16:12:40

grin Thank you.

I adore him but his pushing my buttons at the moment, especially as he’s (obviously) now asleep on his cool mat shock. Apparently he likes to do the opposite of what I even think now, let alone say grin

LizzieMacQueen Mon 22-Jul-19 16:15:14

Adorable but he has a stubborn look about him!

Maxineputyourredshoeson Mon 22-Jul-19 16:52:44

Oh yes he does. He certainly knows his own mind. He is so loveable. He has decided he needs mum 23hrs and 59mins a day at the moment, worse than having a baby!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in