Talk

Advanced search

Pollen Allergy?

(6 Posts)
Girlintheframe Fri 19-Jul-19 06:38:37

Ddog is prone to allergies. He has always been on the itchy side but adding oils and changing food has helped a lot. However things seem to have ramped up this last month.

He has been gnawing at his paws, (all 4 are pink), sneezing, runny eyes and shaking his head like his ears are bothering him.
Upon recommendation I've ordered some Aromesse products to try. Will also be washing his paws and starting him back on Piriton.
Is there anything else we can do/try?
Am loathed to go back to the vet unless we really have to as he has been costing us a small fortune!

BiteyShark Fri 19-Jul-19 07:19:12

If his paws are pink I would carefully wash them with water and then put on a cone to stop him licking them for a couple of days. We have had to do this a couple of times before.

My dog definitely has an outside environmental allergy and at the first sign of gunky eyes or runny nose we give him a piriton for a couple of days. It seems to keep it at bay for a short while and now my cupboards are always stocked up with piriton have to lie at the pharmacy and say it's for me and not the dog grin

Girlintheframe Fri 19-Jul-19 08:40:08

Haha yes we made that mistake when trying to get eye ointment that was for Ddog!

How much piriton to you give your Ddog? Is it just one 4mg?

Pigletpoglet Fri 19-Jul-19 08:43:34

I swear by Non-Stinky Stuff. I've used it as a food supplement, but the best results have been from simply rubbing it straight onto the skin. Not sure how it would work with pollen allergies, but our dog reacts to grain and chicken by getting very itchy, and it works like a dream.

BiteyShark Fri 19-Jul-19 09:04:45

Yes we just give him the 4mg one. BiteyDog is 15kg.

When he was very bad we did have to give one twice a day but that was after speaking to my vet to make sure it was ok.

Girlintheframe Fri 19-Jul-19 09:21:04

Not heard of stinky stuff, will have a look at it.

Ddog is 23kg. Will go with 1 x 4mg tablet. Fingers cross these things help as the poor thing so uncomfy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »