Talk

Advanced search

Seresto Flea Collar Warning

(4 Posts)
Polestar50 Tue 16-Jul-19 14:16:57

My dog (collie cross) has been wearing her Seresto flea collar for approximately three months. No problems at first but she has just developed an awful reaction.

Bright red/pink skin and small lesions all around her neck where the collar sits.
Obviously collar was immediately removed and she's been to the vet. They said it is an unusual reaction (usually adverse reactions happen soon after collar has been put on) and the redness should go down now collar is off.

It's a shame as it was working brilliantly. No fleas or ticks since wearing the collar.

I am just wondering how common this reaction is. And also to warm others to keep a close eye if their dog has a Seresto collar.

Has anyone else had problems using this product?

Polestar50 Tue 16-Jul-19 14:17:59

Forgot to add photos

BiteyShark Tue 16-Jul-19 18:48:38

The seresto collar just didn't work very well for us but we had no reaction. That looks very painful sad

yetwig Thu 18-Jul-19 08:49:23

Yep my border collie has had the same sort of thing, he's on his second one, no reaction for over 12 months but this one has been on for 4 months, I took it off to Bath him and found he had a red bit on his neck and a burn like lesion. Vet said this can happen and not unusual in collie breeds. So won't be using in the future.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »