Talk

Advanced search

Phantom Pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Walney Tue 16-Jul-19 10:58:21

Our basset hound is getting spayed on August 1st but currently going through a phantom pregnancy as confirmed by our vet. They didn't want to medicate her which we are happy not to do as advised, but wondering if there's anything we can do to help?

She isn't mothering a toy but does have swollen nipples at her back end, we put a tshirt on her to stop licking. She has also barely eaten for 2-3 days and was incredibly restless last night.

SlothMama Wed 17-Jul-19 09:51:46

I used Pulsatilla 15C from Dorwest which helped my girl, it brought her appetite back slightly. My breeder advised to keep her active, and do training with her to try and take her mind off it. Hopefully it'll pass soon!

Walney Wed 17-Jul-19 10:33:25

I've seen somethings online from Dorwest, the other was Urtica 3C or something. Did it help with stopping the milk?

I am roasting a plain chicken today in an attempt to get her to eat, hoping the smell of it cooking will make her hungry.

SlothMama Wed 17-Jul-19 15:52:17

I gave her the Pulsatilla before she started producing milk and so she didn't have any. But I was advised by other owners of girls that it would dry up the milk.

Walney Wed 17-Jul-19 16:42:18

Thank you for the advice.

She loved the chicken today so i'm happy she has eaten something, ordered some Urtica 3C as I saw on the Dorwest website it is useful for helping to stop milk.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »