Talk

Advanced search

Help.. dog poo all over my new rug

(6 Posts)
bellalou1234 Sun 14-Jul-19 16:23:15

Does anyone have any tips. My dog has had diarrhoea all over my cream amd grey wool rug. Ive tried white vinegar, soap powder and nothing will shift the smell or stain.... any tips dog lovers

yarenbaren Sun 14-Jul-19 17:57:14

Go rent a rug doctor! Last Saturday my boy vomited up a poop (don't get me started) on newish cream carpet. He's very good with going outside so we didn't have any of the right cleaning products in. The rug doctor eliminated that god awful smell and the carpet is totally intact.

Floralnomad Sun 14-Jul-19 22:33:53

Try a solution of biological washing powder , it worked on a rug at my sisters when I accidentally trod poo into it .

longearedbat Mon 15-Jul-19 10:17:00

I've had this. The smell was terrible. I only got rid of it by washing daily with a biological washing liquid (then rinsing and drying with an old towel). It took about a week. In the end, because the stain wasn't going either, I used vanish stain remover. I don't recommend that though, because I have been left with lighter patches where the shit was!
I had to leave windows open as well (it was winter). Who would think a few lumps of (removed and scrubbed) diarrhoea could stink up a whole house.

SlothMama Mon 15-Jul-19 10:41:10

I swear by Dr Beckmann carpet cleaner, although I don't know how it would work on a wool rug.

MrsCasares Mon 15-Jul-19 20:59:17

Vanish pink clothes stain remover will do the trick, I promise you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »