Labrador shedding! What helps?

(9 Posts)
Labralion Sat 06-Jul-19 13:28:36

We have a furminator but wondered if there are any other recommended brushes out there?

OP’s posts: |
YetAgainNameChanged Sat 06-Jul-19 22:51:29

Helpful suggestions:

Wearing blinkers so you can't see the floor may help.

Fitting yellow / chocolate / black carpets helps you not see the hairs.

Vacuuming every 10 minutes MAY help.

Sorry. Drowning in a sea of labrador here.

YetAgainNameChanged Sat 06-Jul-19 22:55:53

Actually, on a serious note, our 3 get furminated and vacuumed. I use the tube bit of the vacuum on them and they love it. It did take a while to get them used to it, but well worth it and they actively come and sit next to the vacuum waiting to be vacuumed now.

itsallafiddle Sat 06-Jul-19 23:06:30

Having them groomed regularly helps. The groomers blast all the loose hair out with a dryer.

babysharkah Sat 06-Jul-19 23:07:16

Erm. Not much. Sorry!

GertrudeCB Sun 07-Jul-19 08:04:16

Erm, regular brushing and a Henry vacuum ( his hairs killed all the other vacuums we tried)
Constant cleaning
Acceptance.

Labralion Sun 07-Jul-19 13:02:31

Lol acceptance indeed! I thought about hoovering him I saw you get an attachment for dyson! I swear out black lab didn't shed anything near this yellow boy levels!

OP’s posts: |

Advertisement

PeoniesarePink Mon 08-Jul-19 09:48:42

We had a chocolate lab who had a coat like a teddy bear and our entire house was covered in hair. I tried everything - sardines in oil twice a week, salmon oil on her food, furminator, you name it. It was a standing joke that you couldn't have a piece of clothing without a dog hair on it hmm. Poor girl, it got even worse as she got older. When she was 12, I shaved it off for the summer. It was such a relief!!

sillysmiles Thu 11-Jul-19 14:48:40

Regular swimming helps my guy keep the shedding to a low level of carpeting!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in