Post op onesie

(5 Posts)
3dogs2cats Sat 29-Jun-19 08:17:13

Our beagle cross had surgery yesterday , castration and dental. I was expecting him to be a bit sleepy, but he had 6 teeth out and was in pain so they gave him more sedation.
They put him in a onesie rather than a cone and I’m not coping. He showed signs of needing a wee yesterdy but did it before I could get it undone and so we had to wash and dry it and stay up till we could put it back. And now just happened again. Shall I phone the vets and get a cone. Got a birthday party here today , really can’t see this working. But if he will be more alert, could be better to stick with it.

OP’s posts: |
3dogs2cats Sat 29-Jun-19 08:18:40

Rescue dog, so a bit old for castration, and the bad teeth aren’t our fault!

BiteyShark Sat 29-Jun-19 08:19:51

We used the onesie medical shirt for night times only for that reason.

At other times we used the cone from the vets (be careful as mine managed to chew the connections and remove it in a few seconds) and an inflatable cone (depending on the size of dog yours may still be able to get to the castration wound with an inflatable one).

Floralnomad Sat 29-Jun-19 13:43:11

Probably better to just go to your nearest PAH or pet shop and get a blow up collar which are more comfortable than a cone .

3dogs2cats Sat 29-Jun-19 16:38:32

Thanks for that.got caught up in party peeps. He just hasn’t touché d it. All good.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in