Can I show you my puppy to be?

(20 Posts)
StillMedusa Fri 28-Jun-19 07:46:29

She will be ours in two weeks time.. she is a little (ok not little) Eurasier. She's on the left. I'm excited and very nervous as she is our first dog.
We are still struggling over names, our cats have all had Shakespearean names but we've used all the girl ones we like!
Thinking of norse godesses.. so far Freya and Skadi are the front runners but any nice unusual ideas?
We have waited a LONG time to have a dog.
Isn't she beautiful?

OP’s posts: |
TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Fri 28-Jun-19 07:54:58

So gorgeous: I just want to give her a big snuggle.

But how many cats do you have that you've used all the Shakespearean names you like! Although I do accept that not as many of his female characters have names that seem to work for dogs - can you imagine calling "Desdemona" across the park?!

What about Hero? Or Portia?

MrsMalcolm Fri 28-Jun-19 07:56:51

I have no ideas about names but she’s so gorgeous. I have just read up on the breed - their temperament sounds delightful! I want one grin.

LizzieMacQueen Fri 28-Jun-19 08:17:38

How about Magda?

Can you post a pic of what she'll look like as a full grown dog.

federationrep Fri 28-Jun-19 08:35:58

I think she's Hera, Queen of the Olympian Goddesses or maybe Leto, Titan goddess.

Purplecatshopaholic Fri 28-Jun-19 09:08:17

She’s gorgeous. And you can’t have run out of Shakespearean names already, he wrote a lot of plays, lol. I like Portia too

ChardonnaysPrettySister Fri 28-Jun-19 09:11:00

Titania,

Or Jules, for Juliet

Advertisement

StillMedusa Fri 28-Jun-19 16:18:59

We have had a Portia and currently have Ophelia smile Oh and Oberon ..a 25 pound ginger Maine Coon who is indeed king of the fairies grin

Can't have Jules (one of our household!) Hera doesn't appeal.
Someone today suggested 'Miska' 'little bear' which is rather apt. As an adult she will be something like this.. her colour now has no bearing on adult shades as they change a lot..she could be light or dark or red!

StillMedusa Fri 28-Jun-19 16:20:30

And I'm not shouting 'Goneril..here girl!' Across the park :D (I love King Lear but there are limits, and Cordelia is a bit of a mouthful too!)

LizzieMacQueen Fri 28-Jun-19 17:37:15

That's a beautiful dog.

pigsDOfly Fri 28-Jun-19 20:06:22

What a stunning dog.

I googled the breed and some of the pictures look just like my dog, which isn't surprising as both breeds originated from the Spitz.

Only difference is, my dog only weighs 6.6 kilo.

So much fluff.

StillMedusa Fri 28-Jun-19 23:08:01

Well she's currently called Sassy grin and I think it might actually have to stick!

DramaAlpaca Fri 28-Jun-19 23:11:43

That's not a puppy, that's a bear cub! She's absolutely gorgeous.

Your cats are going to be so miffed, OP grin

Toddlerteaplease Fri 28-Jun-19 23:13:20

What is the afore mentioned Obie going make of her, I wonder? Will he be spending even more time at Thelma's?

StillMedusa Sat 29-Jun-19 00:09:07

I feel Obie will be fine... the unfaithful git spends 80% of his time at Thelma's and when my brother visited recently with his new puppy, Obie just shrugged and wandered past to his food!

Ophie on the other hand is going to be very difficult sad She hates everyone! I know she will strop off , as she sulks if we move the furniture! We have made high spaces for her already, have feliway plugged in and will be using a play pen and hope she eventually forgives us. My adult autistic son has never asked for anything except a dog to love and his needs trump her bad temper!

I have huge Ophie guilt, but the time is right and she will adjust eventually!

3dogs2cats Sat 29-Jun-19 08:04:59

Cleo, Juno,,Reagan, Ursula, meaning bear, or Ariel, meaning lion of God!. But my favourite is Miranda.

Fucksandflowers Sat 29-Jun-19 15:26:24

I think Cordelia is perfect actually...

Eleanorsummer Sun 30-Jun-19 09:56:33

She is so gorgeous

NotAgainKen Sun 30-Jun-19 10:46:46

Thisbe? Not unlike Sassy? Or Phoebe?

joyfullittlehippo Sun 30-Jun-19 10:52:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in